Part 30

Liz's POV

Today was Joy's second day at work as a waitress and my second day as supervisor. It wasn't a busy job but I had to keep an eye on everything was rightly done. My phone vibrated from my back pocket and it was Kellin. "Hi babe." I answered heading outside. "Hi gorgeous, how's the second day as supervisor?" He asked casually, "I'ts good, and Joy is doing great as a waitress. I'm impressed but I expected no less from her." I said looking at her from outside, I was so proud of her. "I'm so glad to hear. Hey listen so I got more info of the concerts coming up this year." He said and he caught my attention. "On July 28 is in Orlando, July 30 is in Cincinnati, July 31 is the Wrapped Tour in Wisconsin. Then in August 2 is in Dallas, that's all I got for now, I forgot where the other one is, all I know is that's on September 19." He said, "So you'll be on the road. Ugh!" He chuckled through the phone. "Actually, I wanted you to come with us." I froze. "Are you serious right now?" I asked him, excitement filling up my body, "Of course I'm serious! I really want you to be there with me." I jumped up and down but calmed down before talking on the phone. "Nothing can give me the greater pleasure! Of course I'll be there." I said to him and he let out a breath of relief. "You just made me the happiest man alive Liz! I love you so much. Oh! I was going to come over to your apartment later tonight but I don't think I'll be able to." I frown, I haven't seen Kellin since the day I went to the mall with Joy, I sighed but then something occurred to me. "Kellin what if on Monday you guys stay at the apartment and then we could all go to the release of the new album and we could do something afterwards." He stayed silent for a second and gasped, "Liz! That is THE best idea ever!!" He said and I shrugged at myself. "Ok then, so it's all set. See you in two more days!" I said to Kellin and he started to fake sob, "Two more days?! But Liz I miss you so much. I haven't seen you in a week!" He whined on the other side of the phone. I rolled my eyes and giggled hanging up on him and quickly called him through Facetime. "I was about to head over to Anna's and spank you." He said glaring at me and I laughed. "Sorry baby." I said grinning apologetically. "God I missed your face! I want to kiss every inch of it!" He said making a kissy face. "Even my boogers?" I said showing him my nose. "Even your cute looking green boogers." He said nodding and I laughed. "You're so gross!" I said laughing and with a grossed out face, "I know babe, that's why you love me." He said smirking proudly before continuing. "Anyways I'll text you later we need to finish up here for Tuesday." He said reaching for something. "Ok, I love you my James Dean." I said smiling at him and he did the same, "And I you my dear Audrey Hepburn." He smiled at the phone and we blew kisses at each other before hanging up. 

Back inside Joy was busy with her new job. She was a natural. The hardest people to deal with are little kids, and elders. But she managed it really really well and it was only her second day at the job. She was quick and she would check up on the table she attended asking if they needed something. I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I look to my side it was Anna. "Oh hi Anna." I greeted her with a smile, "Hello Liz my dear. I have been observing your new recruit, and I gotta say you did a great job picking her. We needed another 'you' as waitress, and you trained her well." She said to me and I look at Joy feeling proud. "I knew that she was a hardworking girl Anna." I said to her, "Reminds me of you when you first started working here, and look where it's got you." She said an then continued. "When she's finished, you both can go early today. I also have new recruits coming in later." She said walking back to her office. Joy is going to be so happy when I tell her. I walked over to her, "What's up boss?" She said handing the food to the clients. "Well, bigger boss said that when you finish with all your clients we could leave early, how much do you have left?" I said and then asked her, "Well, this table is basically done, and I think those are leaving soon. So yeah I won't be long." She said to me as she took the black trays in her hands. "Well just let me know. I need to call mom and see how dad's doing." I said walking back outside, "Ok!" She said heading to the kitchen. I dialed mom's number and called her, after a few rings she answered. "Hi sweetheart!" She beamed. "Hi mamma, how's daddy doing?" I asked her sitting down on the sidewalk. "Your dad's getting a lot better sweetie, that soup recipe that you gave me did the trick." She said and I smiled at her words. "I'm so glad to hear that mom, is he resting?" I asked her, "He sleeps more than a sloth!" I laughed and so did my mom, "So mom. I never got the chance to tell you." I said a bit more serious, "Oh?" She said confused. "Yeah, do you remember Kellin mom?" I asked her, "Of course I do sweetheart. I miss that boy. What about him?" She asked casually, she missed him too?  Well he would often make jokes around her and bring my mom her favorite flowers. "Well, I saw him not so long ago and well we're together now." There was a brief silence and I didn't know what to think at this time. "Mamma? You there??" I asked waiting for her to answer. "Sweetie I'm just in shock. Are you serious?!" She said trying to believe it. "Yeah, give me a second.." I took my phone with out hanging up on mom I had a picture of Kellin and me and I send it to her. "Got it mamma?" She stayed silent, "Yes give me a second." I waited and after a few moments, "It was about time!" I was so confused by her choice of words, "I'm sorry, what?" I asked her hoping for her to elaborate a little bit more. "Elizabeth I gave birth to you. Every time that Kellin would come over your eyes would turn into hearts." She said through the phone and I gaped at the phone, "Not true mom!" She stayed silent and I had the feeling that she was glaring at me. "Ok you're right so?" I said to her and she continued talking. "Kellin also looked like he was hit with cupid's bow. But both of you were too young to love and too young to realize it. Now you have the opportunity to show him how you always felt towards him." She said sweetly, I wish she was by my side so I could hug her hard. We kept talking for a little while and Joy came out. "All done." She said walking down the wooden steps. "Ok mamma I gotta go now, I love you!" I said to her getting up from the concrete. "I love you too dear. Bye." I hung up and Joy stood in front of me. "Ready  to go? How's your dad?" She asked me heading towards her jeep. "He's getting better, and I told mom about Kellin. She told me that we should visit soon. We should all go, like a roadtrip." I said to her as we got in her Jeep. "That would be so awesome!!" She said putting her seatbelt on, "Should we go eat some place? I'm kinda hungry." She said turning on the engine. "Um sure why not?" I said to her and she smiled with glee.