Part 20

Liz's POV

I closed the door at the guys and they left. They were coming again at eight-ish to the welcome dinner party. "Liz what are we making for dinner?" Asked Joy as she came into the living room. "Shh, shh. Listen.." She stopped and she listened intently "What is it?" she whispered. I crept up to her and said. "Joy, we have a home to ourselves!!" I said from soft to loud, she looked at me and hugged me hard. "Wow Liz, you're right! This is amazing. All I need now is a job." She said to me and I thought of something. "Maybe I can get you a job at Anna's." I said to her and she beamed at me jumping up and down. "Liz you are the best!" She hugged me. "Anyways, back to the menu. I'm making spaghetti, with grilled chicken Alfredo. And for dessert chocolate cake and ice cream and we could watch a movie afterwards." I said at Joy and she agreed. "Liz you are a genius! Do you know what you're for wearing tonight?" She asked me excited. "Yeah, I cute white dress, what about you?" She looked at me dumbfounded "You're gonna wear a white dress?? Hmm trying to impress someone?" She said nudging me with her elbow. "Actually Kellin was the one who told me to put it on, so yeah." I said to her acting cool, "Sorry Mrs Ego." She said mockingly. "Look we have a few hours to get ready, so I'm going to clean up, you can put some decorations. Oh! Actually could you go to the store and buy me what I need, to start cooking?" I told Joy and she smiled. "Of course, I have some money so, I'll go to the store that I saw around the corner." She said grabbing her keys and phone. "Ok, we need soda, bring a six-pack of Mountain Dew and two six-packs of beer just in case. Chocolate cake, ice cream." I was going to continue but Joy cut me off. "Ok, ok. Why don't you write them down on a list instead?" She said obviously, "Sorry, I'm just excited." I said to her, going to the kitchen I took out a pencil and a piece of note. I wrote down the stuff that we needed for now and she left. I sighed deeply and went over to find a bucket and a mop I had borrowed without permission. I filled it with water putting a bit of vinegar and some cleaning products. I cleaned from Joy's room, the bathroom and the hall heading to the kitchen. I started to put some things to decorate and they seemed so me. It finally felt like home. As I kept decorating my mind drifted off. How was I going to tell Kellin? After all these years, tell him that I loved him and that I still have feelings for him? I don't know how'll he react to it. It could easily lose him again. My only leap of faith is that he has giving me some kind of hints that he possibly could feel the same thing, and the fact that Joy told me that he had fallen for me once already. I groaned frustrated. I kept mopping and started to put the kitchen ready to start cooking soon. I cleaned the table setting up playmates and some small decorations. I mopped under the table heading up to the living room, I organized the pillows and put two warm blankets on the 'L' couch. I took the remote control but I clumsily dropped it a few times. Why was I so nervous? I was just going to tell him how I felt. My phone vibrated in my back pocket, thinking it was Joy. But it was a text message from Kellin.

'Looking forward for tonight ;)'

'Me too :)' I simply replied, I bit my nails waiting for his response.

'You okay?' he asked

'Yeah, just busy cleaning..'

':/ Liz, I want you to know that I'm always going to be here for you' I took a deep breath.

'I know. Now go and get pretty for me xD' I texted him.

'Lol, I can't wait to see you in the dress'

He typed and I blushed. Maybe tonight won't go as bad as I'm thinking. I shook my head trying to relax myself. I finished cleaning the apartment and went to my room and look for the dress and put it on my bed. I took some necklaces and put it in my bed and some bracelets. I didn't knew what shoes to put on so I took my black high top converse and it looked really cute. The front door opened and I rushed to the door and Joy had a ton of bags in her arms, she was struggling and I helped her taking a few of the bags. I put them in the kitchen counter I took a few beers and Mountain Dew's and put them in the freezer so they'll be extra cold. Joy looked around and nodded in approval. "Not bad Lizy, looks good. Do you need any help with the cooking?" She asked me. "No, no it's fine you go take a nap, you must be exhausted. I'll wake you up later so you can start and get ready ok?" She seemed to love that ideas because she had grin wider than the Cheshire cat. "Thanks hun! Don't wake me up too late." She said as she headed to her room. I took the chicken out and I started to grill it, putting the pasta to boil in water with a bit of salt and olive oil.