Chapter 103

Chapter 103 Extinguisher

Noah's POV

I woke from a deep sleep, lips pressing all over my face. I jerked awake, quick to sit up in bed. I looked all around but she was right in front of me.

"It wasn't a dream." I whispered, willing myself to believe it.

"Shh...it's okay, Noah. It wasn't a dream. It was real." She nodded, her forehead pressing against mine.

I pecked her lips, pulling her naked body into my lap. Being with Lex...and the alcohol made me sleep like a baby, something that I hadn't done in months. Lex's large bed was comfortable and I could stay in it with her forever. She was beautiful, dark locks hanging down her pale skin. Our chests were pressed against each other's and that did something to me, making these tingles shoot up my spine. She was so warm against me, her skin coated in a sweet fragrance.

"Noah, I love you."

"I love you too, princess." I nodded, my expression serious to show her how sincere I was.

I closed my eyes, letting my hand glide down her bare back. Just as I got to the curve of her ass, my phone started ringing, the familiar tone causing my body to swarm with anxiety. Lex had been my getaway all night and that text tone was a reminder of reality, the life I hadn't been happy with. I watched Lex lean across the bed, retrieving my phone from the nightstand. She handed it to me without looking at the screen and I grabbed it, swiping my finger across the glass.

"Hello?"

"Noah? God dammit you asshole, I've called you all night. Where the hell have been? I've been worried sick. You didn't come home and Meg said you broke up with her. I was about to call your mom. You always tell me if you're not going to be back. We were supposed to go out partying. Where are you?"

"I'm..."

I looked at Lex, chuckling to myself. Pressing the phone to my ear, I sighed, playing with Lex's fingertips as I tried to gather my thoughts. Luke had known me for a long time and he knew that I'd been moping around for what felt like forever.

"I'm sorry I didn't call you, Luke."

"Where the hell are you? Did you hook up with some girl or something?"

"Kind of." I smiled to myself.

Luke's voice was so loud and I knew Lex could hear him. She was right beside me, straddling my lap and even though she pretended not to know, I knew she was hearing every word exchanged between Luke and me.

"What do you mean? How can you 'kind of' hook up with someone? Even if you did, you'd be back by now. You never stay all night...into the morning. It's nearly noon and you're not back. What the hell is going on? Did you meet someone you...actually have feelings for?"

Luke was impatient, eager to know just what was going on with me. I had a good mind to hang up on him, leaving him hanging but I knew that would only piss him off for a long time. I laid back on the mattress, pulling Lex with me so that she was laying on top of my body. I closed my eyes tightly as her sex made contact with my member. I concentrated on not getting aroused while she giggled, hovering over me while the ends of her waves tickled my bare chest.

"Yeah...I did, Luke."

"Really?" he was skeptical and he was making it all too obvious.

I loved screwing with him, seeing as he was as gullible as they come.

"Yeah...she's really hot too. I've definitely got feelings. I love her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a minute. That's crazy. You don't love some girl you met last night. That's not how it works. You don't just fuck one time and then magically love someone. You're delusional and I think..."