Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

Shit. What the hell am I supposed to do now? Noah and I are out in the middle of the night, drunk and basically almost fucking each other and now the cops are here? Oh my gosh, I'm going to get in so much trouble

I looked up to Noah and found that he looked just as worried as me.

"Oh my fuck." He muttered.

"Noah, what are we going to do?" I whispered scanning the playground and surrounding pool, knowing full well that we couldn't run now.

"I don't fucking know." He muttered as an officer walked up to us, a bright flashlight in our faces.

"Excuse me, what's going on here?"

I gulped down the lump that had been developing in my throat since they'd pulled up. Noah was practically shaking, his side pressed to mine. As the officer approached us, I recognized him and I'm sure Noah did too. It was Austin. Austin has always been around both of our families. He's only twenty-three but he was hired on at the police department at twenty-one. My dad actually helped him get the job. It looks good when the fire chief recommends you for a position like that with a heavy political influence. It's all about who you know. Austin had asked me out a few times but I'd always turned him down. He's one of those clean cut ritzy kids and always has been. I don't think Noah is too fond of him.

"Alexa? Noah? What are you guys doing down he..."

"We were just talking...and we're not doing anything wrong." I interrupted.

"Have you two been drinking?"

He glanced down at my broken arm before continuing. I remembered him at the scene after I wrecked my car. He obviously already knew about my accident.

I glanced at Noah. I couldn't lie because I was pretty sure Austin already had a pretty good idea that we had been. Noah is known around town and everyone knows that he's a partier. The screwed up thing is; he's known for it but I'm the one who drinks. I've been somewhat successful with keeping my partying tendencies on the down low. My parents know I go to parties but they wouldn't ever let me if Noah wasn't there and a lot of times ,I lie about where I'm going. I took a few steps towards Austin and gave him the most innocent, sweet smile I could muster.

"Austin..."

"It's Officer Howard now, Alexa."

I smiled again and I could see him swallow hard, folding his hands in front of him. He was obviously affected by me. Somehow, I could tell that I was getting out of this.

"Sorry Officer Howard." I smiled.

"Um...Your father know you're here at this time of night....well morning?"

"Officer, I'm here with my family friend Noah. You remember him, right?"

Austin looked back behind me but I didn't turn around to see Noah. Somehow I knew he was scowling, his hands clenched into fists by his sides.

"I don't think he or your mother would appreciate you being out at this hour. Now, I'm going to have to take you two down to..."

"It won't happen again! I don't think that's necessary. I'm sorry for us being out so late. We just wanted to talk and..."

"Looks like you two were doing a bit more than talking."

"Austin...I mean officer. I can assure you nothing like this will ever happen again."

I stepped even closer and Austin's eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"I promise you. I don't think my father would appreciate being woken up at this hour either. Can you maybe...let me off with a warning?"