Chapter 48

A/N: Luke Hemmings, fuck you. Sincerely, a fucked up fangirl. xx

Chapter 48 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

Sawyer: Where are you, Lex? Cole's looking for you. You need to come home.

Me: Are you with him right now?

Sawyer: No, I'm in my room but mom and dad are here and they're talking to Cole right now. Lex, you need to come home. Where are you?

Me: I'm with Noah.

Sawyer: You've gotta come home.

I turned to Noah and he shook his head, his hand running along my bare arm as he buried his head into my neck. He pulled away moments later his lips brushing across my skin as he did. I didn't want to leave him and I knew he didn't want me to leave. I wanted to hold him and push thoughts of Cole to the back of my mind, at least for tonight. When Noah and I had sex the other times, it made me realize how much I loved him, but this time...I don't know. I can't leave him and that scares me. Something happened this time. It makes me wonder if I can live without him.

"I don't want you to leave, Lex. I don't want you to leave but...I don't want your parents getting upset with you. I just...Are you going to leave me this time? I ruined this the last time, talking about Meg, but I want you to know that you're the only girl I love. I love you, Lex and I don't want you to leave me again."

"I'm not...I won't." I whispered and it's like a thousand weights fell from my shoulders as I said the words.

"You mean that?"

"Yes, Noah. I just...I'm scared but I don't want to see you with anyone else. I've been so crazy lately, my mind tainted with a million different thoughts. I can't sleep and I just don't want to lose you, Noah. I know you wonder if I actually love you at all and I guess I deserve that."

"No...No. I know you love me, Lex. I can feel it. I can feel it right now."

"But you don't really know because I've never told you."

"Told me what?"

"That you're the single most important person to me."

I looked up to find his eyes that bright blue color I loved so much, his lips parted at my words. This could have possibly been the most honest thing I'd ever said to him.

"I think you should go home. I hate even telling you this. It's taking everything in me to tell you this. To know that he's going to be there...I just think you should go because if you stay here tonight, it'll cause problems with your family and I don't want that for you."

"Are you really going to make me go?"

"No...I'm not going to make you go, Lex but I think you should. Just please...come back to me. Please."

"God, I hate you but I love you so much." I admitted, crashing my lips to his, trying to tell him nonverbally that I'd come back to him.

What has happened to me? I was so focused on staying away from him and now...I can't.

Way to fuck everything up once again, Lex.

..............................

"What the fuck, Lex? You had me worried." He sighed, pulling me into his embrace, the smell of him washing over my senses and I knew that what I had to do would be so incredibly hard.

"Cole...We need to talk."

"Where were you?" he hissed, his tone angry.

"I was...with Noah."