Chapter 25

Chapter 25 Extinguisher

Noah's POV

Somehow, Lex and I ended up in her shower, her body pressed against the wall as I sunk deeply into her, pleasure coursing through my body her legs trembling against me. I knew it was wrong but I ignored the consequences we might face, like the fact that I'd probably lose Meg after she found out about this. I wasn't sure if Lex would tell Cole, but right now, I didn't care because all of these consequences seemed worth it in exchange for this. I couldn't lie and say that I hadn't dreamed of doing this to Lex and only Lex since I was like fourteen years old. I'd never felt anything like what I'd just experienced with Lex. I wanted it for the rest of my life, but I wasn't an idiot. She more than likely didn't feel the same and if she did, she'd undoubtedly find some excuse to stay away from me.

Her words continuously ran through my mind, patching up every broken piece of my heart. She loves me. She loves me. She loves me.

I could hardly breathe when she muttered the words. I hadn't known if she meant them or if she said them for me, but they healed me. This void was filled, and I couldn't stop smiling as we climbed out of the shower.

"I have to get out of here. Your dad will be waking up soon and I don't want him to see my car outside." I explained.

"I don't want you to leave." She whispered, pulling her clothes on before taking a seat at the end of her bed and folding her hands neatly in her lap.

"Hey..." I whispered, walking over to stand in front of her, pushing her chin up with my fingertips.

"Lex, call me if you need anything. I don't know what's supposed to happen now."

She stayed quiet as I picked up her right wrist, my thumb running over the cuts littered on her skin. I kissed them before looking into her eyes.

"Don't do this, please. Stop doing it for me."

"So that's it...You're leaving? What happens now?" She asked, while shrugging on my red flannel.

I sighed, rubbing my tense muscles. I had no idea how to answer her and more than that, I couldn't even if I wanted to. I didn't understand anything.

"I guess that's up to you."

"But..." she muttered, shaking her head.

"What is it?" I asked, stepping a little closer, trying to read her body language but drawing a blank, her shoulders hunched over pitifully and I had the urge to make love to her again; feeling like my body needed her.

Not sex, no I didn't need sex. I needed her. I needed Lex to feel complete.

"Noah, I don't want it to be up to me. Do you even want me anymore? This sounds like a goodbye, you telling me to call you if I need anything. Why are you saying it like it's a goodbye?" she asked, searching my eyes frantically, tears forming in hers.

I sighed, shaking my head as I pulled her up from the bed, holding her against my body, trying to put away my frustration, not letting it show.

"Lex...I don't know what you want me to say. I loved being close to you and I don't regret what we just did but...you told me to move on. You wanted me to..."

"But...I didn't...I..."

She shook her head, at a loss for words, her hands coming up to rub her tired eyes. I wanted to do anything I could to make her feel better, but I couldn't. Now that things were normal again, and what happened last night was over, I couldn't seem to make sense of anything.