Chapter 30

Chapter 30 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me before I stood in front of the mirror, wiping at my tear-stained face. I'd practically cried all of my makeup down to my neck. I looked awful and it was all because Noah had some plan to come here, get drunk, and embarrass me. I thought that he'd really leave me alone. I never should have called him to pick me up from that party and I never should have attended the bonfire. Everything is a mess. Cole is somewhere probably pissed off and I only hope that he didn't follow Noah out. The last thing I want is for a fight to break out between the two of them. They are both too important to me.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. Have you ever done that? Just stared at yourself, realizing that you're not happy with yourself or the decisions you've made. The only right thing I've done in the past is being a good loyal girlfriend to Cole and I even messed that up too. I've fucked everything up and the realization is always popping up at the most in-opportune times.

I jumped a bit as the door to the bathroom creaked open but I relaxed when Cole popped his dark head out from behind the door. He gave me a small smile before shoving the door all the way open and stepping inside, making sure to lock it. I stood still, my body trembling as he approached me. I sighed as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling my body flush against his, the expanse of our torsos pressed together.

"Alex..." he whispered, his hand tightening around my back, the pads of his fingertips massaging my muscles lightly.

"Cole, I'm so sorry for..."

"Hey, it wasn't your fault. Do you hear me?"

He nudged my chin up, forcing me to look into his green eyes, filled with honesty and care for me.

"Nothing is your fault, Alex. He made his own choice. He came tonight to get you riled up and then he left once he had. Please just ignore him. For me, please just don't let him get to you."

"It's too late for that." I whispered, deciding to just be honest, to lay everything out for Cole.

If anyone deserved the truth from me, it was him.

"Do you love me?" he asked as his large hands pushed back my hair, my body being pushed against the bathroom counter by his.

"Of course, you know I do, Cole."

"I love you, Alex. I love you so much. Please know that. Know that I'm here for you. I can make you happy now. I'm not the same person I was before I lost you. I'm not..."

I placed my hands on his cheeks, my fingertips gently stroking his skin as I shook my head.

"Shh...Don't say anything, Cole. I love you. Right now, that's all that matters. I know how you feel."

"I won't ever hurt you. You know that, don't you?"

I nodded and before I knew it, Cole lips were on mine and he was kissing me soft and slow, his large hand trailing down my back to rest on my backside. I moaned into his mouth, holding his face as he deepened the kiss, his tongue pushing past my lips to caress mine. My whole body tingled and I wanted more with him. He read my mind, breaking away from the kiss briefly.

"Alex, can you come to my house. My mom is going to be gone with my stepdad for the night. Please, come with me."

I nodded frantically, pulling his lips back to mine as I palmed him through his jeans.

"Alex, let's go. Please."

..................................

Cole closed his bedroom door and we both couldn't get to each other fast enough. My lips were on his in a minute and we were heatedly making out as he guided my body back to his bed, detaching our lips to pull my shirt over my head and unfasten my bra. His hands were on my chest as he laid me down, his lips finding the sensitive skin at my neck, sucking at it as I buried my fingertips in his black hair. He had the perfect body, everything about it perfect in its proportion. His shoulders were broad but his hips were narrow. He was big but not so muscular that it was too much. I shoved thoughts of sex with Noah away. I still didn't understand how he made me come so quickly and so hard like it was my first time. I focused on Cole. I couldn't ask for anything more than Cole. He's beautiful and he's all mine.