Chapter 7

Chapter 7 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

My eyes fluttered open to bright white florescent lighting. I was met with at least ten people in the room. My family, Uncle Nick, Cassie, and Aunt Paige were all standing around the bed. I looked down. I had an IV tube in my arm and I was dressed in a gown.

"Sweetie? Oh thank god." My mother cried, frantically running up to me.

I tried to breathe air into my lungs. Oh god. What happened? I can't remember right now with everyone crowded around my hospital bed.

"Honey, you were in a car accident last night. We didn't know you had left the house. Were you going to see Noah sweetie?" My mom explained.

"You were cut up in several places. They pulled you from the car." My mother cried.

I remembered. The more she told me, the more I remembered. Last night after I texted Noah, he didn't reply so I decided to sneak out to go see him. I guess I got into a car accident and didn't make it. Pain spiked through my body as I tried to move.

"Be careful princess. Your arm..." my dad started.

I looked down at my left arm and realized that it was put into a cast.

"Your arm is broken princess." My dad explained.

"I...I..."

A doctor and a few nurses bounded into my room and cleared everyone out with the exception of my parents. They sat beside my bed and the doctor began talking, rambling on and on about my condition as he called it. I couldn't stop thinking about my self-harm but nobody even mentioned it. How could that be? Did the car accident cover it up? Just when I was wondering, the doctor spoke up.

"Your body was cut in several places. When EMS found you, you were stuck underneath your car. Your legs are cut up, your arms. Your wounds should heal up though."

Obviously these people are idiots if they think those week old cuts and scars are from the accident that happened ten hours ago. I guess they just blended in with my new found injuries. I'm a mess. I'm a complete and total mess. The doctor explained that they wanted to keep an eye on my vitals because I had slipped into tachycardia when I was brought in. My parents nodded and when the doctor walked out, a few people slipped into the room. Cole came running in, kneeling beside my bed, taking my right hand into his.

"Alexa? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I nodded but something deep inside of me wanted him to be Noah.

Where is he? Does he not care about me, not care that I'm in the hospital? I know he's pretty perfect, way too perfect for me but I thought he would be the first one here. I would think he'd be the first one I saw when I woke up.

....................

About an hour later, at ten o'clock, the doctor said that I could be discharged. My mother stayed in the room and helped me change into some baggy clothes. My broken arm hurt like hell but I endured the pain. It's not like I hadn't experienced worse. Most of my cuts were covered by the ugly gray cast on my left arm. My right arm had a few cuts but my mother wasn't paying attention to any of the marks littering my skin. I think she was just happy because I was alive. Why aren't they noticing?

I remember driving off the road. I think I was dodging something...an animal maybe. It seems like a dream. It all feels surreal. I'm so calm. I feel sedated. I feel drugged. I am drugged, I guess. Just as my mother was grabbing my bag, somehow salvaged from my accident, the door was thrown open and I jumped at the sight of Noah approaching me quickly.