Chapter 37

A/N Cole is so beautiful. I can't stand it. Enjoy.

Chapter 37 Extinguisher

Alexa's POV

"Cole, stop!" I screamed as he punched Noah again, his chest heaving up and down, angrier than I'd ever seen him before.

Surprisingly, Cole listened to me, shoving Noah away before turning to me, his eyes blazing, hands clenched and trembling by his sides. I wasn't even surprised he found me, but I felt like the most awful person in the world. I shouldn't have kissed Noah. I'm so stupid sometimes...Well I'm stupid all the time. The look in Cole's eyes made my body shutter, hurt and anger flooding his eyes as he took a large step towards my body. Noah stood by, his lips parted in shock; eyes still dark blue from our heated make-out session just moments ago. He wasn't fighting back and I was thankful, but surprised.

"Why would you do this to me...again?" Cole hissed.

"I...I'm so sorry, Cole. I was just kissing him, I swear. We weren't going to do anything, I swear."

"Just kissing?  Dammit, Lex, I'm so mad right now."

"I know but..."

"Get in the truck."

"Just listen..." I pleaded, watching his blazing eyes close, trying to come up with anything that would diffuse his answer, or at least lessen it in some way.

"Lex, get in my truck right this second or we're over." he threatened, and my heart stopped before it began fluttering in my chest.

A nasty feeling settled into my stomach, almost like someone was punching me from the inside. I was scared of losing him, scared of what would happen if I didn't listen to him. Meanwhile, Noah stood a few feet away, his eyes pleading, begging me to stay with him, begging me to do something. But I couldn't. I knew that if I didn't listen to Cole, we'd really be over, and I couldn't stand the thought. Maybe I kept this up because I knew that somehow, Noah would always be there whereas, it would be easy to lose Cole forever. He could easily walk out of my life and never return.

So with one last look at Noah, I wiped a tear away and ran to Cole's truck, struggling to get into the high cab. Once I finally did, I cast my head down, refusing to look out the window at Noah, knowing he would still be standing there. Nervousness welled inside me, tearing me apart as I waited for Cole, biting my lip harshly, enough to bring blood to the area. I clenched my shaky hands into fists, resting them in my lap, my body shuddering as Cole climbed behind the wheel, slamming his door hard.

"Put your seatbelt on, now." He hissed, his tone demanding and I knew he wasn't messing around.

We hardly ever wore our seatbelt before this...change in him.

I quickly pulled the strap around my body, clicking it in place as I wiped at my tear stained cheeks, hoping that he wouldn't get too angry, but knowing I deserved to be yelled at. I deserved for him to leave me once and for all but as Cole sped off, I silently prayed that wouldn't happen.

"Where are we going?" I asked quietly, my voice just barely audible as I looked up at him, watching him as he glanced my way before continuing to focus on the road.

"Be quiet."

I clenched my fists tighter, knowing I had a long night ahead of me. It was almost two in the morning. I didn't know how he'd found me. I guess he went to my house, attempting to sneak through my window, only to find I wasn't there. How he knew to come to the diner was beyond me, but that really didn't matter at the moment.