Seokjin - Watches and Dogs

Start from the beginning

"Namjoon is so attached to you. You should come here more often to play with him, Karly." Jin says, sitting too close to you on the couch.

"You wouldn't mind?" You turn your head his way but lower it when you realize how close his face is to yours.

"Of course not. I'm pretty attached to you too." You look at him to see if he is joking but he looks pretty serious. Weird.

"I guess I can.." You mumble and notice Namjoon has fallen asleep on your lap.

"Cool!" He nods happily. "And here." He takes off his watch and puts it on your wrist that isn't injured. "Don't say anything, just keep it." He grins.

You two talk until you realize it is getting late. Before you leave, you give him your number. I'll need to buy groceries another time.

_________________________________

It's been a couple months ever since your first encounter with Jin and Namjoon and you have been visiting them everyday. The three of you would sometimes just hang out and talk, well you and Jin would talk, cuddle on the sofa as you watched movies, or take naps together. You are starting to become very fond of Jin. Who were you kidding? You had completely fallen for him.

You two were extremely close that Jin's parents start teasing Jin about how you were his girlfriend, but every time, Jin would just shake his head and say he would marry Namjoon. She didn't buy it though. She could already tell that your friendship might be headed in a different direction.

Today you happily skip to his house after work. You knock on the door and he open it within seconds. You two do the usual greeting, which consists of a hug, before you invite yourself in.

You are petting and saying "hi" to Namjoon before something catches your eye. A suitcase.

"Jin? Why is there a suitcase there?" You ask him, worriedly.

He gives you a sad smile and scratches his head, "Well...."

"Well?"

"I'm going overseas." You are shocked. Why hadn't he told you earlier? Why was he only informing you now? "And I'm leaving in an hour." He adds looking down.

You bite your lip. There is an awkward silence before he speaks again.

"Can you take care of Namjoon for me? I promise I'll come back for you and him." He walks closer to you and caresses your cheek. You lean into his touch making him smile slightly as you nod.

"I would love to talk to you more but the ride is pretty long so I have to go." His hand slides off your cheek and he goes to grab his suitcase.

"Wait." You grab his wrist and turn him around. It's now or never. You inhale and start confessing, "Jin. I like you, like a lot. You're so nice and kindhearted. You make me happy. I'm kinda pissed you're only telling me now," you playfully glare at him, "but please be safe and do come back to me soon." You gave him the softest smile you can muster.

He pulls on your wrist and engulfs you into a tight, but gentle embrace. "I like you, too, Karly. Please wait for me, okay? And I'm sorry for not telling you." He laughs softly and kisses the top of your head. He lets go, putting his forehead on yours and you two just stare into each other eyes.

"Okay, I think you gotta go." You laugh and push him away. He grins and grabs  his suitcase. You walk  him to the door, shyly giving him a peck on the cheek before he leaves.

You smile and plop down on his couch, Namjoon jumps onto your lap. "Now we just wait for daddy to come home." You pet him and he barks.

_________________________________

More time passes and you find a way to balance work and skyping Jin. You both are busy but make time for each other. But today was a special day. The day you pick up Jin from the airport.

You stumble out of the shower, blow drying your hair after putting on your clothes. You are nervous and excited at the same time. You put on make up, but not too much because Jin always said he likes your natural face more.

Before leaving, you put Namjoon on a leash. You grab a cab and hopped in. You tell the driver the airport location and fiddle with your fingers excitedly. Namjoon, sensing his temporary owner's excitement, is also excited.

You nearly jump out of the cab when you arrive at the airport. You sprint out toward the building after paying the driver. People give you weird looks for coming inside with a dog but you didn't care, you just want to see Jin. Right now.

You rock back and forth on your heels until people start to spill out of the plane that just landed. Jin must be in that plane! You squeal quietly to yourself.

"Daddy's coming home, Namjoon! Aren't you excited??" You say to Namjoon, kneeling down to pet him. He starts barking excitedly and you laugh. "Me too." You agree.

"Me three??" You hear a way too familiar voice. You look up and there he is. Your boyfriend. Well, not yet but you know what I mean.

You tackle him with a tight hug and he chuckles, gladly returning it.

"Ugh!! I missed you so much, Karly!!" You hear him say.

"That's my line!" You grin.

He lets go of you and goes to talk to Namjoon a bit as you watch him with the biggest smile on your face. You are too happy and they are too cute.

Then, he stands up again, facing you. "Anyways, I have something to ask you now."

"What is it?"

He cups your face, smiling,

"Now, will you be my girlfriend Karly?"