His green eyes lighten suddenly when he motion his head towards my direction, snapping his gaze heavenly towards me like I was thunder. My face slowly turns red. "There is only one way out."

"Which is?" I wrinkle my nose.

"End that whole marriage! Think about it!" He enlighten, standing up from bed. His smile is goofy and youthful when he thought about it. It was adorable.

As much as it was adorable, I wasn't blind enough to not recognize how terrible it would be to try ruining our parents' relationship. They're engaged now. I totally have nothing against them. I truly support Madison she seems very nice. They both look the happiest together. Dad has never stopped resisting being around someone for so long. She means the world to him now.

I shook my head. "I'm not going to help break them up."

"Why though?" He raise his busy brows.

"Well..."

"Don't you miss Kentucky already? All your friends, your old neighborhood, wishing you can turn back time."

I sigh. "Oh, I do!"

"So, what's the problem Charlie?" He folded his arms.

"It's Carly."

"Whatever." He scoffed.

"And they're in love!" I blurted after a second. "There totally nothing we can do, Caleb." My father being happy means the world to me too. I can't risk Caleb's happiness for my father. It was just wrong. He was just going to accept the fact they're getting married. That we're going to be step-siblings.

"Why is it so bad?" I shrugged. "I just don't get it."

"Your room used to be for my little sister." He flickered.

"I know, Madison told me about Vanessa. I'm sorry." Silence fell between us again. That was when a light bulb on top of my head. "Wait a minute, if you think I'm trying to replace—"

"No, I just don't want you here." He interrupts.

Wow, he's such a jerk! I hoo he's joking I thought he came to my new room to chat not insult. I'm starting to not like this side of him. I was just so surprised that I had become speechless.

He frowned. "My mom is just making a HUGE mistake. I don't want your coward of a Dad marrying my fucking mom especially you as my sister. I'll buy you that damn ticket if it means leaving this town." His voice grew harder. Almost like he was shouting at me.

Wow, is that what he already thinks of me?

Although I was uncomfortable right now, I was too nice at heart. My father always taught me how to be humble and kind to others no matter what. "To make it sound better, I'm just your step-sister. He is your stepfather. There is no blood relationship connection there. We don't technically have to be in each other lives whether they split or stay together."

"No, you're consider to be my sister." He said firmly. "Different word, same meaning."

"And you still see something wrong with it? Better idea, we should celebrate!" I giggled.

"Look don't think this changes anything between us. I don't ever wanna get close to you." Caleb's voice is hoarse.

I shrugged. "Well, sometimes we don't always get what we want."

I folded my arms. "This isn't that bad. You'll learn to accept your mother's happiness just like I accept my father's decision. I know how you feel. I understand how you think. I'm glad that you're here talking to me. Right now, I don't wanna move so soon. This state seems beautiful and I don't wanna miss out just yet."

Guess he figures that it was the end of our conversation. I was really quiet despite the tension. I just wanted to recharge. I felt exhausted. "Fine." He reaches for the door quietly.

His eyes darken when he slightly looks at me. "If you don't wanna leave I'll make you leave."

How are you going to do that? I wanted to say. I just had to let him go now. Another extended conversation, I'll blank out. It was midnight already and I was super tired. I could fall off the bean bag and pass out on the floor. I barely got any sleep on the plane. The bed seems too far away.

I got up from the bean bag, heading towards the bed. My eyes grew heavier. I was aware that I was going to fall asleep the minute I close my eyes. "Sounds fun! I'm tired already." I tuck myself in the bed.

"Oh, and one more thing." I saw him halfway leaving the door.

I rubbed my eyes. "What is it?"

"Welcome to hell."

He slammed the door.

What was his problem?

He already frightens me. In the whole "Welcome to Hell" scenario. What does that mean? Does this family have some legacy where they're all secretly psychopath. I got up to lock the room door so no one else has access to barge in my new room whenever they want. I also turn off the light and went on my bed and pull the covers reaching towards my face. My eyes drifted, in a few minutes, my vision faded away.

___

Don't forget to leave a vote, comment, and fan!    :)

The rewritten chapters will be released very soon. For now, you can skip to chapter 9 if you want or chapter 21 previously mentioned from the last chapter.