Seventy

"Mommy where us going?" Amelia questioned as she held her mother's hand the next day as they made their way into the hospital. Demi knew that it would be a good idea that Amelia saw Joe and that he got to spend some time with her so they could start to grow a bond. She didn't want for Joe to leave the hospital and for it to never happen.

"You're going to spend some time with daddy." Demi stated sighing when Amelia let go of her hand crossing her arms over her chest.

"No! That not my daddy!" Amelia exclaimed attempting to fight back when Demi went to lift her up but she was too strong and was soon up in her arms.

"That man is your daddy Amelia, he just hit his head so hard that all his memories fell out!" Demi exclaimed trying to make sense of it for her daughter.

"But that not happen." Amelia argued Demi sighing as she stroked her hair gently. She knew how much this was for a three year old, not having her dad around and now he was suddenly here but he didn't even know who she was. It was hard for everyone but Amelia hadn't learned how to control her emotions like the rest of the family do.

"Amelia spend just ten minutes with him and if you still don't feel comfortable I'll take you home okay?" Demi reasoned Amelia pulling away from her looking up at her mother.

"Promise?" Amelia questioned in her little voice.

"I promise baby girl, he just wanted to get to know you and I'm sure when you get in there you'll have loads of fun!" Demi exclaimed Amelia nodding her head laying her head down on her mother's shoulder as Demi continued to walk. "You dad loves you so much already Amelia, we have to give this a chance."

"Me love daddy too." Demi only smiled wider kissing her hair gently making her way to the room she had been in a lot over the past three years.

Demi entered Joe's room not long later seeing that he had just finished his breakfast a nurse now taking his tray away. Joe looked up at them smiling when he saw the little girl in her arms her head buried in her shoulder. Demi sat down on the chair Amelia only snuggling more into her mother. Demi leaned down to whisper in Joe's ear.

"She's scared that you won't be like what I've shown her in the videos."

"I'm not going to be the same yet." Joe whispered back.

"Just spend some time with her, I said I'd be back in ten minutes and if she wants to go home I'll take her." Demi explained Joe sighed nodding his head gently.

"Amelia," Joe stated the little girl hesitating but pulled away from her mother's chest looking at him. "Do you want to come sit here next to me?" Amelia nodded her head gently Demi smiling sitting her down next to Joe.

"I'll be back soon princess." Demi kissed Amelia's head before she left the room Amelia looking up at her father as he gazed back down at her. She looked so much like her mother he found it unbelievable but he could see a couple of his own features in there too.

Demi was sat against the wall outside Joe's private room. She had her phone in her hands checking her social media sites keeping an eye on the time. She would go back in as soon as ten minutes was up to see how things were going. It pained her that her daughter was so frustrated to spend so much time with her own father but she couldn't blame her. What Joe going through is hard on everyone but they were all going to make it through this including Joe. He would be coming home soon back in with his parents to see if that would help his memory a little bit.

"Mommy!" She soon heard a voice looking up seeing her daughter running out of the room she was sat outside of.