Sixty Seven

Saw One Direction last night! They were amazing! 

-----------------------------------------------------

"J-Joe it's me Demi." Demi stammered but she kept Amelia against her not knowing what was going to happen next. She never imagined after three years of waiting for him to open his eyes he would be like this. Joe didn't reply to her, it was clear he was a little overwhelmed feeling like he was and with Demi being there.

"Joe?" He questioned Demi having to close her eyes to hold back her tears. She lifted Amelia up in her arms before leaving the room finding a doctor quickly.

Demi was stood outside Joe's hospital room a doctor being in there at the moment, she was trying to get hold of Nick, Kevin or any of his family. They still often came down to see how he was doing but Demi often came more but just with Amelia, she wanted her to know who her dad was but at the moment she wished it was the other way around. That she didn't know, it would be easier.

"Mommy what wrong with daddy?" Amelia questioned panicky tugging on Demi's shirt, Demi put her finger up to tell her to be quiet making the girl whined letting go running into the room. "Daddy!" She screamed going to climb up on the bed before Demi held her back lifting her up in her arms holding her against her shoulder. Joe's eyes wondered up to them.

"What did she call me?" Joe questioned Demi looking towards the doctor who nodded his head gently marking some notes down on the sheet he had against a clipboard.

"Um daddy, your her dad." Demi mumbled Joe's eyes looking towards the floor.

"How can I be a dad when I don't even know my own name?" Joe muttered letting a tear fall from his eye. She sighed slightly keeping Amelia against her put laid a hand on his arm.

"You don't have to do anything yet, just get settled and do things in your own time..." Demi begun hearing a voice from her hand.

"Demi!" She heard Nick's voice sighing as she held it up to her ear leaving again so she could talk to Nick privately. She sat Amelia down on a chair where she curled up not happy about what was going on, Demi held her hand though for comfort.

"Joe's awake." Demi spoke simply.

"He is? That's good news Demi, how is he?" Nick questioned clearly interested wanting to see his big brother again after three long years.

"H-He's got amnesia Nick, he doesn't even remember his own name." Demi complained running her fingers through her hair.

"Whoa really? What does he remember?"

"Not a lot, at the moment nothing. Could you let everyone know that he's awake? The doctors want some of us to try and remind him of some things to see if we can get some of his memory back." Demi explained.

"I'm not in town at the moment but I'll get down as soon as I can, I'll call mom and dad and they'll be down soon. Is Amelia okay?"

"She's a little frustrated with everything but she'll be fine," Demi answered the two of them speaking a bit more before they hung up. Demi took in a deep breath kneeling down by Amelia who was still curled up in a ball. It was a disappointment for her having been so excited to meet her father and him being nothing like her mother had told her. "Are you okay baby girl?" Demi breathed as she moved some hair out of her face.

"Daddy doesn't like me! You said he would!" Amelia screamed jumping in her arms. Demi sighed holding her against her again.

"He doesn't like you baby girl, he loves you. He's just not himself at the moment. One day he'll remember everything again and we can be a real family like you want," Demi reassured her rubbing her back gently not liking to see her little girl like this. "I hope." She mumbled so Amelia couldn't hear. At the moment they didn't know whether Joe would ever be the same again.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!