Forty Eight

Demi sighed of relief when she felt the pressure leave her body a loud cry filling the room. Joe squeezer her hand one last time before he leaned over cutting the cord as his daughter was still screaming. She only settled down when she was laid against her mother's chest Demi keeping her arms up so she wouldn't slip down.

"Is she beautiful?" Demi choked through her tears.

"Of course she is." Joe complimented feeling his own tears running down his cheeks as he laid his eyes on his daughter for the first time. She had now settled down not crying no longer staying content against her mother. Joe watched as Dianna left clearly wanting to give them their little moment, he was glad she was here for the birth of her granddaughter.

"Shall we take her away so we can assess her." Demi nodded her head gently whimpering slightly when she felt her daughter leave her chest. Joe wrapped his arm around her kissing her temple gently leaning to ear whispering gently.

"I'm proud of you." Demi sighed slightly laying her head down on the pillow. She had no idea when he would tell her if at all.

The little girl was weighed and measured going through all the procedures to make sure she was healthy, they had dried her with a towel before changing her into a plain white baby grow, Daisy then brought her back over to her parents Demi now having delivered the placenta and now been cleaned up too able to relax knowing the worst of it was over.

"Here she is," Daisy laid the little girl down in Demi's arms again a smile on Demi's face as she felt the young girl in her arms. "Have you got a name for her yet?"

"Is she having your last name?" Joe questioned leaning over kissing his daughters head.

"No she's having yours, she's your daughter. Does she look like a Amelia?"

"Um yeah," Joe answered sighing. "I'll go tell everyone she's here and okay." Demi sighed this time as she heard Joe leave the room.

"The name on the certificate will be Amelia Jonas, she won't have a middle name," Emily smiled nodding her head gently. She'd have to hide the certificate away from Joe until he told her who he was, she wasn't going to give him a chance to do it, he would do it when he was ready. He was starting to push his luck a bit. "Daddy loves you, he's just a goon." Demi kissed Amelia's head gently as the newborn slept in her mom's arms.

"Are you up to visitors Demi?" She heard Joe's voice from the doorway.

"Yeah they can come in." Demi answered hearing a couple of footsteps feeling people approach her from around the bed.

"She's beautiful guys." Denise cooed Joe taking her from her arms sitting down on the chair so Demi could settle and everyone could still see Amelia.

"What did you name her?" Eddie questioned.

"Amelia." Joe answered admiring his sleeping daughter. He was more than happy that she was here and healthy, he was always bit worried with Demi not having her sigh that she would fall or do something that would cause harm to their daughter but he trusted Demi. She had been blind for a good seven years now and gotten the hang of knowing where she was going even if she didn't have all faith in herself. Joe stood up again when he had a little hold of his daughter laying her down into Dianna's arms so everyone could meet the new member of the family. He sat down on the edge of the bed wrapping his arm around Demi.

"Do they love her?" Demi whispered.

"Everyone will love her, go to sleep, it's been a long day." Demi smiled slightly leaning her head on his shoulder Joe kissing her hair gently as she slowly fell to sleep knowing that her little girl was here, healthy and in safe hands.

---------------------------------------------------

Comments please!