Twenty Four

"Demi aren't you worried a little bit about Jace?" Joe questioned as he ran his fingers through her hair, Demi had her eyes closed enjoying the feeling. She liked having a boyfriend more than she thought she would. She just enjoyed the way he held her or did little things like running his fingers through her hair. She always wanted a boyfriend but she didn't know if she'd ever get one. She was glad she had Joe, he was a gentleman.

"What do you mean?" Demi questioned.

"He's getting ill often, do you think he's getting a little old to be caring for you?" Joe questioned Demi sighed as she ran her fingers through his fur. He was asleep but enjoying the attention he was getting from his best friend. He was getting a old dog now at nearly seven years old.

"I think he's getting there but I'm planning to have surgery soon which will hopefully cure it and he can retire." Demi answered.

"You never said anything about a surgery." Joe held her tighter Demi smiling.

"There was one when I became blind but I had to be fully grown before they could do it. I've been saving up for the past couple of years but I'm getting closer to having enough." Demi explained smiling up at him. Joe leaned down kissing her gently before pulling away.

"I can help so you can get it now if you want?" Joe suggested but Demi shook her head.

"It's something I always wanted to save up myself to do. I think I'll have enough within a year," Demi answered smiling as she felt his lips against hers again kissing back. Joe smiled too pulling away. "Have you ever had a serious relationship before?"

"I've had relationships before but I wouldn't say they were serious." Responded as they pulled away completely Demi's head now laid down in his lap, they weren't really paying attention to the film anymore but to one another.

"So you've never done firsts?" Joe shook his head gently as he answered even though she couldn't see him.

"Nope, I don't plan to until I know I'm doing it with the right woman." His eyes couldn't help but wonder down to the ring on his left finger. The only reason he wore it now was for Disney Channel, he knew other celebrities made fun out of him and his brothers for wearing them in the first place. but he didn't care.

"We're at the same place then." Joe smiled running his fingers through her hair again as he paid attention to the film. He was sure when he was ready and so was Demi she'd be the one he gave his virginity to.

Joe begun carrying Demi upstairs again like he did most nights when he came to spend the night with her after she had finished work but smiled when he eyes opened again looking in his direction. She recognised the arms she was in. She laid her head on his chest.

"Stay with me?" Demi mumbled half asleep.

"Are you sure?" He questioned laying her down on the bed bringing th cover up so she wasn't cold. She nodded her head gently patting the bed next to her. "I wanna cuddle." Joe smiled taking off his black skinny jeans before climbing in the bed next to her. She snuggled into his chest as his arms wrapped loosely around her.

"Go to sleep." Joe whispered in her ear.

"Thanks Joe, for everything." Joe only smiled wider kissing her hair as she slowly settled against his chest. He held her as she slept admiring her. He hoped she'd be able to have this operation in the near future, it will be better for her in the long term and for Jace too who was sleeping in his bed next to Demi's side of the bed. He would finally be able to be a real dog and not have to worry about what Demi was doing. Joe slowly fell asleep with his arms around Demi content with how things were going at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------------

Comments ple