One

Since I have decided to cancel one of my stories I'll start posting this one but I still don't know how long it will be. 

--------------------------------------------

"Demetria Lovato get your cute little butt here and have some dinner with your old man and your mother." Eddie cooed to his step daughter laughing as she rolled his eyes at him. She wondered over to the table though sitting up on the chair beginning to pick at her food. She had one of her arms leant on the table using her elbow to prop her head up not looking in the direction of her parents. She took a couple of bites of her food before pushing it away her parents only sighing watching as she tried to get up but her mother's stern voice stopped her.

"Demetria you will sit there until you have eaten all of your dinner." Dianna lectured, Demi huffed before sitting back up on the chair taking a bite of her dinner that her mother had prepared for her. Eddie held back his tears carrying on to eat his own meal. They were worried about their daughter, her attitude towards eating and life in general was hitting low. She was only fourteen years old and her insecurities were so big, she thought she was fat, ugly and not worth living on the planet. She was bullied heavily at school, she had no friends and that is what gives her this mood. They didn't know what to do with her anymore or what would happen in the future.

"There is a new girl moved in next door Demi, maybe you should go over after dinner and say hello." Dianna encouraged.

"How about no?" Demi questioned placing just one tiny pea in her mouth taking her time to chew it, she knew her parents would give up with her eventually and send her to her room throwing away the food she didn't want and would never want.

"Come on Dem, you could make a new friend." Eddie encouraged too.

"A new friend? I don't know who you are thinking of because I have no friends, my best friend is probably the goldfish. Nobody likes me okay? Nobody wants to be my friend and I bet the girl next door will be just like those people." Demi stated looking down at the floor.

"Demi sweetie you are a beautiful girl, bright with a wonderful personality. You'll make friends when you move up to high school." Dianna answered.

"No I won't because I'm not going to high school, I'm not going to school either tomorrow. You can't make me and neither can you make me sit here and eat dinner!" Demi shirked picking the plate up throwing it on the floor in the opposite direction that her parents were sat. She stepped over the damage running up to her room.

Eddie wondered into the kitchen less than half an hour later seeing his wife trying to pick the crockery pieces out of the food on the dustpan placing the large pieces in an old milk carton. He sighed sitting up on the counter carrying on to eat his dinner after failing to get Demi to see that she was a wonderful and beautiful girl. It was a surprise he even got in the room.

"No luck?" Dianna inquired Eddie shaking her head.

"We need to send her to a counsellor." Eddie stated but Dianna shook her head.

"We have no money for that Eddie, she'll have to sort herself out." Dianna answered.

"I don't think this is something she can do on her own Dianna, the poor girl is depressed. She needs to see a specialist before she causes harm to someone or more importantly herself." Eddie demanded, he knew he needed to get the girl he saw as his daughter better. He missed the bubbly little girl he used to have, she used to be so happy.

"We'll have to see what we can save up, I'm going to invite the girl over from next door anyway, it will do her some good." Dianna decided tipping the rest of what was in the dustpan in the bin putting it in the cupboard before sitting down next to her husband carrying on with her dinner.

"We'll get her fixed Di, I promise." He assured his wife kissing her head.

"I hope so, I miss our girl so much." Dianna choked on her tears. It was hard to believe they had the same girl they had just four years ago.

----------------------------------------------

Feedback would be great!