Seventeen

Joe and Demi continued to eat their chocolate cake Joe then taking them away stacking them in the dishwasher. Joe led Demi over to the couch where they both took a seat Jace now at Demi's feet laying his head down on his paws resting knowing that Demi was okay. Joe passed her a glass of wine that she had tried at the table and liked.

"How much was this wine?" Demi questioned taking a sip.

"Um eight five dollars." Joe answered laughing when he saw Demi's face.

"Surely teaching kids how to play instruments doesn't give you enough money to buy expensive wine like this." Demi replied.

"I like expensive taste, I don't get it often. Just for special occasions." Joe flirted slightly taking a sip from his own glass of wine. He didn't want to come across as pushy but he had never met such a beautiful girl before and he saw himself falling for her the more time he spent with her. He didn't want to risk her leaving his life before he even got to know her.

"How old are you? I didn't think to ask that, you could be fifty for all I know." Joe couldn't help but laugh taking her glass setting them both on the coffee table.

"I'm twenty three, what about you?" Joe answered adding in his own question.

"I'm twenty, I became blind when I was fourteen." Demi replied.

"My little brother is twenty." Joe revealed a small smile coming to her lips, she could see him being a great big brother, being there to give advice when needed. She always wished her parents welcomed another baby but she understood she had put them through a lot, they might not want to think about going through that again.

"How many brothers do you have?" Demi inquired.

"Three, one older and two younger. What about you?"

"No I'm a only child. I don't speak to my parents anymore, we had a fight a couple of years ago, that's why I moved here." Demi answered shrugging her shoulders reaching back out for her wine. Jace looked up making sure she was okay before laying his head back down.

"I'm sorry you had a fight with your parents." Joe stated.

"Nah it's okay, I'll give them a call eventually. I'm just not ready for that yet." Demi admitted smiling when she felt him lay his hand on her thigh.

"Thanks for tonight Joe, I had a good time. You made me feel special." Demi admitted leaning up kissing his cheek gently. It still surprised him that she knew where his cheek was but he was grateful she had a good night, that he had impressed her. He had the biggest grin on his lips leaning down gently kissing her cheek.

"It's not a problem, I had a good time as well and maybe we can do this again sometime soon?" Joe questioned a smile pulling at either side of Demi's lips too.

"Of course, just know though that I've never been in a relationship before so if I'm rubbish then don't blame me." Demi answered.

"We're a item now?" Joe smirked.

"No I didn't mean it like that!" Demi panicked, Joe laughed laying his hands down on either side of her arms Demi smiling.

"I'm just playing with you, I'll give you a call and we'll do something," He kissed her cheek again before leaning down tickling the sides of Jace's face his tail wagging in enjoyment of the attention. He was still a dog, enjoying attention. "Look after her for me."

"It's kind of his job," Demi replied Joe laughing as he stood up straight opening the door for her seeing reporters already starting to come down knowing that he was here. "Goodnight Joe." Joe had a smile on his face as she disappeared into the house leaving him behind. He was looking forward to seeing her again in the near future.

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!