Fifty Two

The day had arrived that Joe wasn't looking forward to, he was more than happy that Demi would finally have her eyesight back since the age of fourteen but he was nervous about her seeing him for the first time, she'd know who he really was but he was more scared he wasn't what she had expected. He would be there for her though not wanting to lose her even if they stayed as friends. He lifted Amelia out of the bassinette as she whimpered, he laid her down on the changing table once he had entered her nursery stripping her completely from her pyjamas.

"We better get you dressed so we can go to the hospital and see mommy," Joe cooed taking the diaper off her wiping her, applying some cream strapping another diaper around her waist before changing her into some day clothes. "She's looking forward to seeing you so we should make you extra adorable." He put a head band around her head then lifting her up in his arms again kissing her head. He was trying to keep himself busy to hide how nervous he was.

Joe sighed wrapping his arm around Demi as she cried gently into his shoulder, they were happy tears though that she would finally be able to see. Able to see her own daughter just days after she had been born. He kissed her head gently Amelia sleeping peacefully in her car seat the car ride having soothed her to sleep.

"I love you Demi, no matter what happens." Joe breathed.

"I love you too Joe." Demi mumbled, she didn't want to but she couldn't help it, her love for the man in front of her was huge even if he was lying to her.

"I-I have something I want to tell you." Joe admitted Demi smiling slightly as she pulled away from her feeling him peck her lips.

"What's that?" Demi questioned.

"I..." Joe opened his mouth but the door opened interrupting him Joe seeing a nurse stood there giving the couple a small smile.

"Are you ready for this Demi?" Abigail questioned Demi taking in a huge breath nodding her head gently feeling Joe kiss her then getting up off the bed.

"I'll um tell you later." Joe sighed watching as the bed was pushed away. He knew later was too late, she'd have her sight back by then.

Demi's operation took about an hour Joe sitting in the room waiting with Amelia the whole time. Dianna and Eddie had arrived now to see their daughter when she woke up and so had Joe's parents but they would be waiting in the waiting room not wanting to overwhelm Demi as she opened her eyes and could see for the first time.

"Someone wants cuddles with Granny." Dianna cooed as Amelia whined slightly, she'd be getting hungry about now Joe making a bottle up for her then handing it to her so she could feed the young girl. He was looking forward to seeing Demi being a great mother now she had her sight back. Joe stood up quickly when the door opened Demi's bed being pushed in. Eddie stood up too but Dianna remained sat down so Amelia could feed.

"It went well, she'll be awake in twenty to thirty minutes then she can take the white patches off her eyes." The doctor instructed before leaving. Joe sighed sitting down on the chair next to the bed taking hold of her hand. By the time Demi started to wake up Amelia had finished her bottle and now was awake for her mom to see her beautiful eyes that she had inherited from her. Joe only gripped harder onto her hand as she stirred awake unable to see because of the white patches.

"A-Amelia." Demi stammered.

"She's right here Demi with Joe and your mother," Eddie instructed. "Take the patches off in your own time." Demi let go of their hands eager to see her daughter more than anyone Dianna stood next to her bed ready to lay the girl down in her arms. Joe ran his fingers through his hair gently watching as she was about to take the white patches from her eyes.

"No wait!" He shouted. "I really need to tell you and not for you to see yourself!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new story called 'Please Don't Let Me Go' if you want to check that out! 

Comments please!