Make her love again

Closing her eyes tightly, she kept them shut praying that if she closed her eyes she could sleep, that the horror surrounding her was a dream when it was a nightmare.  Pulling her knees against her chest and holding herself in place, curled so tightly in hope of leaving no gap or crack to allow the noise in. Her hand gripped the duvet tightly as she held it over her head. Her whole body jutted and shook. Her breathing staggered, she pulled in gasps of air to release a shaky collection of breath.
The yelling was so loud- venomous and poison, disbelief and shattered hearts. The words tearing though the walls and any shelter she had tried to build of herself, the accumulation of blankets and pillows doing nothing in a war zone. Where bombs of sound waves tore through everything. She didn't want to listen, she didn't want what she heard to be true- but the horrifying and hopeless truth was that it was, there was no lie, not even one in the form of an explanation or excuse.
The room was dark but not black. Grey instead, as though it was all just apart of her imagination. This one element of  colour bringing with it. A chilling, stale effect and a coldness. But just the smallest glimmer of hope that none of it was real, but no matter how hard she tried to convince herself otherwise, she knew the argument was real, the hatred was real, the hurt was real, and the future that followed was too. The grey gave enough light to see the room in silhouettes. The wood, light brown chest of draws where her clothes would temporarily stay. The bedside table on her right which stood level with the bed that kept her phone along with a necklace that had been thrown onto it and a bedside lamp. The colour not clear in this bleakness. She dared not to turn it on knowing that it would only ensure that the scene before her wasn't a play or film but that it was real life- and that terrified her.
The screaming got louder, a thudding sound had began, deep and hollow - and then silence. Everything fell still the bombardment of anger stopped and stupidly she thought perhaps she had woken up that the noise and anger ended when she opened her eyes. Slowly pulling the cover down from over her head, she looked around the room seeing everything as it was before but now a stream of morning light fell onto the floor of their room, turning the grey into a slightly lighter shade but still it possessed a horrid eeriness. She looked over toward the door and saw that the light streaming through the gap at the bottom had been disturbed by the shadows of two people. No sooner did she see the shadows did the noise rampage the room once more. Pulling the duvet back over her small frame she desperately tried to find any way in which she could make herself smaller. Pulling at her skin, squeezing herself into the smallest shape possible, even her breaths came small and fast. From pulling at the cover and her movement through out the night they had become weighted to one side of the bed, she shifted slightly, turning away from all that stood in front of her and all that could appear in her imagination accidently causing the blanket to fall revealing herself to the people who hid outside the door amongst the shadows and silhouettes, who screamed in the night and and brought with them nightmares of the future of every fear becoming reality. The blanket fell, crumbling on the ground in a heap. Her head shot up at the sound of the door slamming against the wall. The light cascaded in the grey room becoming nothing but white light.

" Y/N, Y/N " Robbie screamed trying to get her gaze to fall onto him. His grip on her shoulders was like iron. She could feel the pressure of his fingertips pressing into her skin but she felt no pain. She was sitting upright her whole deminor was fragile as though a single tap would cause her to smash into pieces millions of shards to rebuild one person and everyone knew there would always be some missing . Her hands moved slowly, playing with the duvet that covered her waist, tugging pulling and twisting. She was still in a state of shock. Her gaze fell past Robbie, staring blankly at nothing, her eyes were wide and bloodshot, faintly she could hear something, a continuous noise that wavered but it didn't interest her. She was so absorbed in what just happened that she couldn't comprehend reality. The muffled noise began to grow clearer. The silence began to disappear and fill with sound of Robbie's voice. "Y/N, Y/n are you okay ?! " he sounded panicked his voice was rushed barley allowing himself time to finish the first question before another interrupted. "You were crying hysterically - I - I didn't know what to do"
For the first time she actually look at Robbie, his hair is a mess, his eyes are dark, eyebrows raised. He looked restless and disheveled. When he saw that she was finally looking at him he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tightly against him. Slowly she rose her arms behind his back and hugged him back, nuzzling her head into the crook of his head and shoulder where muffled crus and distressed whimpers left her mouth. Tears trickled from her eyes down her cheeks onto his white top making marks. " it was the dream again, wasn't it ? " Robbie spoke softly, all she could do was nod into his shoulder not trusting that her voice wouldn't break.
Robbie held you tightly gently using one hand to caress slowly up and down her back to sooth her. She hadn't yet noticed the time but to Robbie it didn't matter, it didn't matter that the moon was still as bright as her smile or that it was still as dark as her beautiful hair. That they were the only two that could be awake at this time in the morning- because to him she was the most important thing in the world, he knew she didn't believe him when he told her this. He knew what she thought about relationships and how she never trusted enough to get into one. He also knew how her father only ensured her views on relations after he cheated on her mother. The night they found out is the nightmare that never stops, it haunts her because she knew, that night, that after nothing would be the same, that it would be a struggle to get through each day with out thinking about it, with out hearing her mother cry, with out pretending that he wasn't her father. That he didn't lie or betray them, that he wasn't the same man she grew up with. She was fifteen when they found out, he pulled them back and forth. Giving hope and snatching it away, coming home and leaving again. Saying he wasn't seeing the other woman when he was. This went on until she was sixteen before her mother finally had enough. But it was still hard. It always would be. After that her father ignored her existence, they never spoke again. That's why she cries now. Even after five years her father still haunts her dreams.

Despite all the hate somehow Robbie was able to make her love, she had never felt anything so pure and honestly didn't believe it existed but Robbie was always able to make people believe. He still held her close, she could hear his heart beat and found it soothing.Matching her breathing with it, which before was erratic. "I love you Robbie" her voice was quite but it was the only thing she could say with confidence. "I love you too -so much"

They shifted in the bed together, laying down both facing the same direction. Robbie wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her against him. "I'll always be here" he whispered in her ear and kissed her cheek before they both began to drift into sleep.
Robbie was now the only thought on her mind as she closed her eyes.