Monster

Important A/N at the end.

Meagan P.O.V

I woke up screaming. It happened again. They keep getting worse. My body covered in sweat, my breathing heavy. I felt arms wrap around me and I start calming down. "Are you alright?" Dipper whispered to me.

I shook my head. "They keep getting worse," I replied.

"Do you wanna talk about them?" Dipper asked. I shook my head again and buried it into Dipper's shoulder. "Hey, shh, it's ok. You're going to be ok." I wanted to believe him, I really wanted to, but I just couldn't bring myself to believe him.

Dipper rubbed circles on my back comfortingly. "I just don't know why I'm having them or where they're coming from," I said. I felt tears running down my face.

"I don't know either," Dipper wiped my tears away, "but we're going to get through them. Together." I sniffed.

"You don't understand, Dipper. You don't have nightmares about losing control of yourself and killing the people that are closest to you!" I snapped. Dipper flinched, but he didn't take his arms away from my shoulders.

"You're right. I don't. But please, help me understand," Dipper pleaded.

I couldn't take it. I needed to be alone. I jumped out of my cot, grabbed my guitar, and raced out of the Mystery Shack, much to Dipper's protest. I ran deep into the forest, not looking back. When I was deep enough, I took deep breaths. The moon was shining above me through the trees. If I'm gonna let it out, I might as well just let it out through music. It's the only thing I'm actually still sure about. I held my guitar and started playing.

The secret side of me,
I never let you see.
I keep it caged but I can't control it.
So stay away from me,
the beast is ugly.
I feel the rage and I just can't hold it.

It's scratching on the walls,
in the closet, in the halls.
It comes awake and I can't control it.
Hiding under the bed,
in my body, in my head.
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

I feel it deep within.
It's just beneath the skin.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I hate what I've become.
The nightmare's just begun.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I, I feel like a monster.

My secret side I keep
hid under lock and key.
I keep it caged, but I can't control it.
'Cause if I let him out,
he'll tear me up and break me down.
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

I feel it deep within.
It's just beneath the skin.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I hate what I've become.
The nightmare's just begun.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I feel it deep within.
It's just beneath the skin.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I, I feel like a monster.

Halfway through the song, Dipper came through the trees into the clearing. He stared at me as I sang.

It's hiding in the dark.
Its teeth are razor sharp.
There's no escape for me,
it wants my soul, it wants my heart.

No one can hear me scream.
Maybe it's just a dream.
Maybe it's inside of me.
Stop this monster!

I feel it deep within.
It's just beneath the skin.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I hate what I've become.
The nightmare's just begun.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I feel it deep within.
It's just beneath the skin.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.
I'm gonna lose control.
Here's something radical.
I must confess that I feel like a monster.

I, I feel like a monster.

When I was done, my body was shaking. Me holding back sobs, until finally I lost it. I dropped my guitar and broke down in sobs. Dipper came over to me and engulfed me in his arms. Together we sank to the ground as I sobbed into his shoulder. We didn't say a word, and we didn't need to.

After a while, Dipper pulled away from our hug. "Do you feel better now?" he asked me and I nodded. Dipper smiled at me and pulled me up off the ground. "Good. Now, let's get back to the shack." Dipper picked up my guitar, took my hand and started walking back through the woods when I tugged on his hand making him stop. "Meg, what's wrong?"

I leaned in and whispered in his ear, "Dip, thanks for being there for me. I really appreciate it." I leaned away to see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"You're welcome. I'll always be here for you," Dipper said and smiled at me. His smile then turned into a smirk. "You know, I think that deserves a reward," he said.

I smirked as well. "Oh really now?" I wrapped my arms around his neck. "And what would that be?"

Dipper wrapped his arms around my waist. "Oh I don't know, maybe a kiss is in order?"

I laughed. "You know, I never knew you to act like this."

"Well, I hang out with you so much, you're rubbing off on me."

"Normally you're extremely awkward."

Dipper laughed. "Shut up."

"Make me."

Dipper smirked. "Gladly." He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back and Dipper pulled me closer to him. I ran my tongue along his bottom lip, asking for entrance and he gladly opened, allowing me to slip past his lips. I explored every inch of his mouth and he then did the same. When we pulled away, as we both needed air, we leaned our foreheads together.

"That's one way to make me shut up. So how was that for a reward?" I asked cheekily.

"Perfect. Now let's go back to the shack." Dipper and I intertwined our fingers and I laid my head on his shoulder as we walked back to the shack. The walk back to the shack was silent. Dipper made us stop when we were outside the door and he turned to me. "Meg, please know you're not a monster."

I sighed. "Dipper, feel like I am. I have the power to kill someone."

"But you also have the power to help people." Dipper gently held my face in his hands, "Look at all you've done for us. You save me from hitting the ground after falling off a cliff, you helped save Grunkle Stan's mind, even with Mabel's sock opera! And there's so much more you've done. Meagan, you're a good person and you're staying that way, powers or not." I looked to the ground. "I'm serious. I probably wouldn't be standing here if it weren't for you."

My gaze averted from the ground to Dipper's eyes. They showed love and caring; something I hadn't seen from anyone else besides Wendy for a long time. I smiled softly. "How did I get so lucky?" I asked.

"I think I'm the lucky one." Dipper kissed my forehead, then led me inside the shack. Dipper set my guitar down by the kitchen and we just decided to crash on the chair. We laid down, his arm around my waist, my head lying on his chest. I could hear his steady heartbeat.

"I love you, Dip," I whispered.

"I love you, too, Meg," he whispered back. That was the last thing I heard before entering a dreamless, peaceful sleep.

??? P.O.V

I watched as Fangs curled up against Pine Tree. The sight made me sick, and I can't even get sick! I cracked my knuckles. Whelp, time to torture her again! I tried to put myself into her mind but it wasn't working. Why can't I get into her mind!? I can't seem to put her under any more nightmares! Pine Tree is better than I thought. Hmmm....

(a/n ok Labor Day weekend is almost over, and I'm probably only going to be able to update on weekends. Also, another thing, the cover video I used in this chapter is my own cover, please check out my other videos. Thanks guys!)