Sock Opera (part 1)

Meagan P.O.V

Today, we were at the library because Soos had fixed the laptop. Dipper had filled me in on everything. I would have been a bit more excited for this day had I not been so tired. I've been losing sleep because of these stupid nightmares. I leaned against Dipper as he opened up the laptop. Mabel sat across from us. "Alright, guys. Today is the big day," Dipper said.

"Big day!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Soos finally fixed up the laptop. If this thing works, we could learn the identity of the author and unravel the greatest mysteries of Gravity Falls. You ready?" he asked, although he was looking at me.

I nodded tiredly. "Oh, I'm ready, baby," Mabel said. She held open a book that showed a picture of a baby. She flapped the book. "Ma-ma."

Dipper pressed the power button. "This is it. This is it!" Four circles and a triangle with a circle inside it showed up and it read 'Welcome'. "Aha! It worked!" The twins did this weird handshake thing before an alarm on the laptop went off. It read 'UNAUTORIZED ACCESS FORBIDDEN' on it before showing a box with 8 spaces that said 'Enter Password' above it. Dipper groaned. "Ugh! Of course, a password," he said.

Mabel put her hand on Dipper's shoulder. The one that I wasn't leaning on. "Don't you worry, bro bro. With your brains, Meagan's fast reflexes and my laser focus, there is literally nothing that can distract us from...Did you hear that?" Mabel asked, cutting herself off. We all listened and I thought it was something like a harpsicord. Mabel looked around the library until she found where the music was coming from. I looked where her gaze was at and I groaned. It was him. Dipper looked at me strangely before I pointed.

"All my life I've been dreaming of a love that's right for me, and now I finally know her name and it's..." Gabe Benson sang. "Sing it with me kids," he said to the young children in front of him.

"Literacy!" the kids sang with him.

He pulled out a bee puppet. "I finally understand what all the buzz is about: reading!" he said through the puppet.

He pulled up a book puppet and made it go toward the bee. "Give me some of that honey!" he said and he made the puppets kiss. He started laughing and I knew that Mabel was hooked.

Mabel took out her book again and started flapping the book when it was on a page with a pop-up heart. "Ba bump. Ba bump," she said.

"Oh, boy," I said. Let me explain. Gabe Benson: blonde, obsessed with puppets, ladies magnet, idiot. Basically summed up.

"Just when I was getting over Mermando, of course, you show up at my doorstep," Mabel said to basically no one in particular.

Dipper had to get off his chair so I lifted my head. He walked over to a bookshelf. "Oh, yeah, I forgot about Mermando. Did not care for Mermando," he said. He grabbed a book off the shelf and flipped through it.

"Mermando?" I asked.

"Oh, that's right. You weren't there for that fiasco. I'll tell you about it later," Dipper said as he sat next to me again. "Okay, this cryptology book says that there's 7.2 million 8-letter words. Meagan, you type, me and Mabel can read, okay, guys? Mabel?" he said. Mabel didn't reply. We looked in her direction. "Mabel?" Mabel's chair was left spinning, empty of any Mabel. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Ugh, I always get moody when I'm tired. I put my hands on the keyboard, but Dipper put his hand on top of mine. "Meg, what's up with you? You're really moody today," he said to me.