Dreamscaperers (part 1)

Meagan P.O.V

After the heat from the other day, it was finally raining in Gravity Falls again. Sadly, the attic at the Shack leaked so Dipper and Mabel had to put buckets out under the leaks. Currently, I was sitting on Dipper's bed, reading The Outsiders while Dipper and Mabel were on the floor playing Conflict Boat.

We deserve a lot of our trouble, I thought. Dallas deserves everything he gets, and should get worse, if you want the truth. And Two-Bit—he doesn't really want or need half the things he swipes from stores. He just thinks it's fun to swipe everything that isn't nailed down. I can understand why Sodapop and Steve get-

"I'm gonna say... B5," Dipper said.

"Miss!" Mabel said and I heard another peg get put in.

"I don't think you're playing this right," Dipper said.

"You know, I find it amazing how I can actually sit down and read in this shack and not be-"

"Kids! Come quick!" My sentence was cut short by Mr. Pines' shouting.

"I spoke to soon," I said as I set my book down. We all got up and went downstairs to the living room to see Mr. Pines watching TV.

He laughed. "I need you to laugh at this with me!"

We looked at the TV to see a commercial for the Tent of Telepathy. Gideon appeared onscreen with a guitar and started singing. "Who's cute as a button, and always your friend? Lil' G-I-D to the E-O-N! Wink!" he finished.

"Lil' Gideon!" Bud Gleeful said.

"Ugh, Gideon!" Dipper and I groaned.

"Remember when I wouldn't date him and he tried to destroy us?" Mabel asked.

"He's always trying to trick me into losing the Mystery Shack," Mr. Pines said.

"One time, I caught him stealing my moisturizer," Wendy said and I cringed.

"Yeah, I caught him the other day in the forest kissing a picture of Mabel that was taped to a tree," I said. I shuddered at the memory and Dipper wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"And yet, our mutual hatred for him bonds us together," Soos said fondly.

On the screen, Gideon laughed. "Come on down to Lil' Gideon's Tent of Telepathy, opening soon at this location," Bud said and it showed the Tent of Telepathy crushing the Mystery Shack, taking its place.

"Uh, should we be worried about that?" Dipper asked, pointing to the TV.

"Please, the only way Gideon's taking over this shack is by breaking in and stealing my deed," Mr. Pines said coolly.

We then all heard a crash from upstairs. "You mean like, right now?" Wendy asked. We ran to Mr. Pines' office to see Gideon attempting to open Mr. Pines' safe.

"38? 41? Oh, heavens to Betsy!" Gideon muttered.

"Gideon!" Mr. Pines exclaimed.

Gideon got up. "Well, well, Stanford, my arch-nemesis. We seem to have entered a dangerous game of cat and mouse. But the question remains, who is the cat, and who is the-"

"Soos, broom," Stan ordered, interrupting Gideon.

"Oh no, not the broom!" Gideon cried. Mr. Pines chased Gideon around the office. Gideon hissed at Mr. Pines and then got hit twice and got chased outside. "You mark my words, Stanford, one day I'm gonna get that combination. And once I steal that deed, you'll never see the Mystery Shack again!" Gideon shouted.