Irrational Treasure

Meagan P.O.V

Dad brought me with the boys into town for the yearly Pioneer Day Gravity Falls had. It celebrated the founding of Gravity Falls. I hated today because my kind used to be burned to a stake as well as witches. While Dad was preoccupied, I snuck off and started walking down the street.

As I was walking down the street, I saw a red car almost run into a few women. The licence plate said 'STNLYMBLE' which meant Stanley Mobile so it was Mr. Pines. I don't know why it said Stanley Mobile instead of Stanford Mobile. Huh, I guess every time I asked he would deny it. Oh well.

Soon the car was surrounded by covered wagons and I heard Mr. Pines shout, "Nooooooooo!" Next thing I know an old woman and a cow came over to one of the car windows. Wow, oddly enough, I've heard weirder sentences.

I walked over to the car to see if they were alright, and, to no surprise, the twins were Mr. Pines. "Hey, you guys okay?" I asked as Dipper rolled down the window.

"Yeah, what's going on?" Dipper asked me.

"Well, Dip Dip, why don't you two get out of the car and check it out?" I suggested. Dipper got red at the nickname because I used it in front of his teasing twin sister.

When Dipper and Mabel got out of the car, they looked around, surprised at what they saw. "Man, look at the town," Dipper remarked. He held up a postcard of Gravity Falls, then when he put it down, two men were carrying dirty glass to make whatever you see through it look old.

"Dirty glass. We got dirty glass! Dirty glass," one of the guys said as they past by.

"Ah, boy. It's Pioneer Day," Mr. Pines said as he got out of the car and stood next to the twins. "Every year these yahoos dress up like idiot to celebrate the day Gravity Falls was founded," Mr. Pines explained.

Just then, Toby Determined came over to us. "Welcome to 1863!" he said waving an old newspaper.

Mr. Pines rolled up his sleeve and started threatening Toby. "I will break you, little man!" he said and Toby took off running, but not before running into a barrel.

"Wow! Look! Candle dipping!" Mabel said pointing to one of the stands.

"Woah, gold panning!" Dipper said in awe, pointing to another stand.

Right next to the example stands, there was a tiny wedding going on. "I now pronounce you man and wife," a priest said to a man and a....woodpecker? The heck?!

"I do!" the man said.

"What you talkin 'bout?" Mabel said, cocking her head a bit.

"Oh yeah. I remember this," Dipper said, taking out the journal from his jacket. "In Gravity Falls, it used to be legal to marry woodpeckers," Dipper explained.

"Oh, it's still legal," the man said coming over to us. "Very legal."

Suddenly, an announcer came on over a PA system. "Come one and all for the opening ceremonies!"

Mabel turned to Mr. Pines. "Grunkle Stan, you coming?" she asked him.

"No, thank you!" he snapped. He must really hate this day. "Just remember, if you come back to the shack talking like these people, you're dead to me!" Mr. Pines threatened.

Dipper and Mabel both glanced at each other. They both closed one eye each and started acting like pioneers. "There's a carpetbagger in the turnip cellar," Dipper joked in a pioneer accent to make Mr. Pines mad. I on the other hand was trying to contain my laughter.

"Well hornswabber my haversack," Mabel played along in another pioneer accent. They both spit on the ground and ran off laughing.

"Dead to me!" Mr. Pines shouted after them. He then turned to me. "You'll keep an eye out for them, right?" he asked me.