Soos and the Real Girl (part 1)

Meagan P.O.V

I woke up the next morning in Dipper's arms. I smiled, remembering last night, also that I didn't have another nightmare. Dipper was asleep next to me. I poked his cheek lightly. "Dipper..." I said softly. He mumbled something in his sleep, pulled me closer to him and rolled on his other side, bringing me with him. I was practically under him. "Dippy..." I said again. He mumbled again. "Dipper!" I said a bit more loudly.

His eyes fluttered open. "Why did you wake me up?" he asked me.

"Well good morning to you, too," I said. "Also, you kind of turned us over," I added.

He looked down and blushed. "Well, then I see why you woke me up," he said.

I laughed. "Get off of me, doofus," I said, shoving his chest a little.

"Hurtful!" he said in mock hurt. We both laughed and he sat up, taking me with him. "So what's on the agenda today?" he asked me.

I shrugged. "What do you want to do today?" I asked back.

"Well, we could always skip work and go into town today," he suggested.

"Why not, I could do for a lunch out," I said.

"Good," he said and kissed me. "I could get used to waking up like this."

"I spend so much time here, I'm surprised you haven't already gotten used to it," I countered. Dipper laughed and hugged me.

"Oh I have, it just never gets old." I'm so lucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch, Wendy had called me saying that Stan wanted us back at the Shack so we headed back and worked the rest of the day. It was near the end of the day when Mabel got her braces stuck in the screen door. I know, stupid. "Braces! Braces caught in the screen door! Someone dictate my will, I'm giving it all to Waddles!" Mabel cried. Dipper and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes.

Soos walked up to Mabel with a screwdriver in hand. "Say 'ah', girl-dude," he said to Mabel.

Mabel opened her mouth wide. "Aaaah." Soos put the screwdriver under the screen door and pried it off of her braces. He pulled Mabel away from the door and set her down next to me and Dipper. "Soos! You saved me!" she said happily.

"Heh, heh! Just doing my job, hambone," Soos said and he tossed his screwdriver into his tool belt. "I'll see you dudes tomorrow." He opened up the door and left the shack.

"Bye, Soos!" Dipper, Mabel and I all said.

"Night, Soos," Wendy said from the counter. She was playing with a Chinese finger trap.

"Night, Soos," Stan said, working on a new oddity, the 'thigh-clops'.

"You ever wonder what Soos does when he's not here at the Mystery Shack?" Mabel asked us.

"No." "Not really." "Not once ever." "Really, why would I?" Seriously, why would we?

"So what now?" Dipper asked.

"Movie marathon?" I asked Dipper.

He smirked at me. "You get the movies and I'll get the popcorn?"