The Inconveniencing

Dipper P.O.V

It's been a week since the incident with Gideon and I am thankful that we haven't see him since. I was currently sitting in the shack's gift shop reading the ghost page out of the journal while Mabel was spinning on a globe, Soos was working on something, Wendy was reading a magazine and Meagan was nowhere to be seen. "Mabel, do you believe in ghosts?" I asked Mabel.

"I believe you're a big dork! Ha ha ha!" Mabel said. I put my pencil against the globe to make it stop and therefor making Mabel fall off.

Grunkle Stan then entered the shop. "Soos! Wendy!" he said.

Soos ran up to Grunkle Stan and started panting. "What's up, Mr. Pines?"

"I'm headin' out. You two are gonna wash the bathrooms, right?" Grunkle Stan asked them.

Soos saluted and said, "Yes, sir!" then Wendy mock saluted and said, "Absolutely not!"

"Ha ha! You stay out of trouble," Grunkle Stan said and he left.

Wendy then smirked and walked across the room to a curtain. "Hey guys! What's this?" she said as she pulled back the curtain. "A secret ladder to the roof?"

"Uh, I don't think Mr. Pines would like that," Soos said warily. Wendy kept taunting Soos by putting her hand near the ladder then pulling away just to put it back again. "You're freaking me out, dude!" Soos finally exclaimed.

"Can we actually go up there?" I asked her.

"Sure we can! Roof time! Roof time!" Wendy chanted.

"Roof time! Roof time!" Mabel and I chanted and we walked up the ladder. Once we were climbing on the roof I heard a guitar and an angelic voice singing.

So wait up, wait up
Give me one more chance
To make up, make up
I just need one last dance

Freshman year I saw your face
Now its graduation day
Said we'd be friends, till the end
Can we start again?
When we finally made it across the roof we came up on a balcony where Meagan was sitting on a lawn chair with a guitar in her hands. "Alright, check it out!" Wendy said and Meg looked up.

"Oh, so you're finally showing them the rooftop view?" Meg said standing up.

"Wow Meg, was that you singing?" Mabel asked and Meg nodded. "Whoa, that was amazing! You are so talented!" Mabel exclaimed.

Meg laughed, man she has a cute laugh. Wait what? No, I don't like Meg that way. I like Wendy. Wait, no I don't! Gah! "Thanks Mabel," Meg's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "I just sing and play as a hobby. My dream is to go and play concerts but so far I've only got gigs working birthday parties, a guitar teacher and a singing coach. Hey, I get paid four different ways, I'm getting the cash flow."

"Did you two put all this stuff up here?" I asked looking at the stuff on this balcony. There was a cooler, a lawn chair, an umbrella and a bucket full of pine cones.

"We may or may not sneak up here during work," Wendy started.

"All the time, everyday," Meg finished. Wendy picked up a pine cone and chucked it and it hit a target on the totem pole.

"Yes!" Wendy cheered. Mabel and I then started grabbing cones and chucking them off the roof. I threw one and it hit a car making the alarm go off and I was sure that my cheeks were bright pink. "Jackpot! Hi five," Wendy said to me and held her hand out. I just stared at it. "...Don't leave me hangin'," she said and I high fived her. "Oh hey, it's my friends!" Wendy said and we all looked over the side of the roof.

A car pulled up and I saw a hand waving from the front seat. "Wendy!" I heard a guy shout.

"Hey, you guys aren't going to tell Stan about this, are you?" Wendy asked us. I made the motion with my hands to zip my lips and Wendy did the same thing.