Summerween (part 1)

Dipper P.O.V

Grunkle Stan had decided to take us out of the shack today to do some shopping which I had no idea why though. As soon as we pulled into a parking lot, Grunkle Stan drove into a spot and we got out to see he had crashed into a 'handicap parking' sign. "Here we are, the Summerween Superstore!" Grunkle Stan said.

"Wait, Summer-what?" I asked in confusion.

"Summerween!" Grunkle Stan pulled out a calendar. "The people of this town love Halloween so much, they celebrate it twice a year. And wouldn't you know it, it's today," he clarified for us.

"Do you always carry that calendar in your pocket?" I asked him weirdly.

Grunkle Stan paused for a second before answering. "Yes."

"Summerween? Something about this feels unnatural," Mabel remarked.

"There's free candy," Soos said and Mabel and I smirked at each other. We raced inside the store. Mabel hopped inside a wheelbarrow and I started driving it down the aisles.

"TO THE COSTUME AISLE!" we shouted. I eventually started swerving the wheelbarrow and we accidentally hit a pile of jack o'melons, knocking it and us over. We fell into a fit of laughter.

"Have the police come and eject the Pines family from the store," I heard a female voice say over the PA system. Mabel and I looked at each other before quickly picking up the wheelbarrow and racing out of the store with Soos and Grunkle Stan.

"You paid for the stuff, right?" Mabel checked with Grunkle Stan.

"Of course!" he replied as we got into the car with all the stuff. I'm pretty sure that he was lying but oh well. We ended up backing up into an inflatable decoration before Stan shouted, "Let's move!" and we drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mabel, Soos and I were sitting in the living room after we got home from the store, and Mabel and I were so excited for tonight. "I'm so excited!" Mabel squealed.

"We're gonna have the best costumes, get the most candy..." I said.

"And have the biggest stomachaches ever!" Mabel finished.

"Yeah!" "Haha, yeah!" we said as we high fived.

"Dude, I've never seen you guys so pumped," Soos, who was dress like a superhero, said from the chair.

"Well, back at home, me and Dipper were kind of the kings of Trick or Treating," Mabel said and the two of us looked proud. Mabel took out our old Trick or Treating scrapbook of past Halloweens: Kittens, Salt and Pepper, Zombies. "Twins in costumes, the people eat it up."

"Well, you dudes better be careful out there. It's a night of ghouls and goblins. Not to mention..." Soos started to warn us and he turned on a flashlight under his chin. "...the Summerween Trickster!"

"The Summer-what-what?" Mabel asked confused.

"The Trickster goes door to door, so the legend goes, eating children who lack the Summerween spirit," Soos said.

"Well, you don't have to worry about us," I popped a piece of candy into my mouth, "We've got spirit to go around," I said then coughed up the candy I was eating. "Ugh! What is this stuff?" I asked as I looked into the candy bowl. "I've never even heard of these brands. Sand Pop? Gummy chairs? Mr. Adequate Bar?"

"This is all cheap-o loser candy!" Mabel complained.

"Quiet your discontent, children, lest the Trickster overhear," Soos scolded as he took a pair of wax lips out of the bowl.