The Stanchurian Candidate (part 1)

Meagan P.O.V.

"I'll go get Great Uncle Ford," Dipper muttered. The twins and I woke up to see the light in the kitchen burnt out and broken, making it hard to see. We would've had Soos fix it, but we were out of light bulbs.

"You just had to go and make Soos a planetarium costume, didn't you?" I grumbled, crossing my arms. Both Mabel and I gave Dipper a side look. Despite Mabel being a morning person, neither of us were happy at the lack of light bulbs.

"It was cool and you know it," Dipper fired back, not exactly in a happy mood either.

"No. It really wasn't," Mabel said, both of us shaking our heads.

"I can't hear you!" Dipper said dismissively over his shoulder as he headed toward the gift shop. Mabel and I turned toward each other and shook our heads at the boys' antics. Well before cowering behind the door frame when the light bulb started sparking again.

"Dipper!" Mabel shouted, running after her brother in a panic.

"Wait for me!"

~~~~~~~~~

"And...we're...done!"

We all gave a cheer and exclaimed happily when Ford finished screwing in his own light bulb. It had taken Ford maybe fifteen minutes or so to invent the light bulb, which was impressive since he built it from scratch. I hate to say it, but it was impressive.

"Does anyone see this? This is what a hero looks like right here," Mabel said, looking between Soos, Dipper and I.

Dipper and Soos nodded in appreciation to Ford, but I just shrug my shoulders. "I wouldn't say hero, it was just convenient," I muttered. I guess it makes me seem like a child, but I really don't want to give Ford credit for anything.

"I thought we were out of light bulbs." We all glanced at the door to look over Stan and he made the comment. I did a double take and saw that he was roughed up and had a pack of brand new light bulbs sitting in his hands. I'm guessing the security guards caught him trying to steal again. It occasionally happens.

"Oh we were," Ford confirmed, looking at his brother. He seemed to not have noticed the box of light bulbs in Stan's hands. "So I invented my own! It will last a thousand years and the light it emits makes your skin softer," he explained, petting his palm a little bit. Around me, Mabel, Soos and Dipper all started feeling their arms and faces, all amazed at how the light was working on their skin.

"Never have I known such softness!" Soos exclaimed. I just looked at them weirdly.

"Anyway, where were you?" Ford asked, an oblivious smile on his face.

Stan didn't reply. He just silently trashed the light bulb box, then turned around into the living room.

From the kitchen, I could hear Stan's muffled voice, but then I heard the TV loud and clear. "This just in, the mayor is dead."

"What?!" Stan shouted. The twins and I ran into the living room, looking at the TV in worry.

"Whoa, what's going on?" Dipper asked, confused at Stan's exclamation.

We watched as Shandra Jimenez narrated a few pictures on the mayor's life. "Raised by bears in the wilderness, Mayor Eustace Huckabone Befufftlefumpter was best known for raising the water tower, possibly starting World War I, and putting town menace Gideon Gleeful behind bars, in actual adult prison. A memorial statue is already being carved in the deceased mayor's honor."

The screen cut to the actual reporter as she burst into tears and cried into her hand. Her co-host came into shot and started rubbing her back in comfort. "I'm sorry. It's just been so long since we've had real news. I'm just so happy!"