The Legend of the Gobblewonker

Meagan P.O.V

        "Hey doofus," Wendy said to me. I was sitting at the dining table at breakfast, thank God I didn't have work today. I mean I love seeing Dipper and Mabel but Mr. Pines can be really bossy sometimes.

        "What's up?" I asked her.

        "Nothing much, just getting ready to hang with the gang today," Wendy replied while she got her jacket on.

        "Oh, what? Can I come with you?" I asked her.

        "No, remember what happened the last time."

        "How can I forget? The thing around my neck keeps me from going full out still reminds me," I said bitterly. "And I remember clearly that Lee doesn't remember what happened nor do anyone else from the group."

        "I'm still worried."

        "About me or your friends?"

        "Meg just drop it. You're not coming with us."

        "Fine."

        "You'll be going with dad to the lake today."

        "What? Why?"

        "Fishing season starts today and do you really think that Dad is going to let you stay at the house alone?"

        "Ugh, but he's not even going to be paying attention to me. He's probably going to be teaching the boys how to fish 'like men'. I can see it now. Dad holding a fish in a headlock," I said and we both burst out laughing.

        "Ok, I'll see you later. Tambry's texting me that they're outside right now," Wendy said, putting her jacket on.

        "Fine, see ya."

        "Meagan!" I heard my dad shout.

        "Yes Dad?" I shouted back.

        "Get ready! We're leaving for the lake in five!"

        "Got it!"

        A few minutes later, we were at the Gravity Falls lake. Dad rented a boat and took the boys out into the water while I stayed on the shore. I just stayed back near the boat rental shop. I looked at where Dad was teaching my brothers how to fish and it was actually pretty funny.

        "Uh, is this good?" Mark (a/n I don't know the actual names of Wendy's brothers so I'm just making them up) asked Dad, holding up a fishing rod.

        "No!" Dad shouted and took Mark's fishing rod and snapped it in half. "I'll show you how a real man fishes!" Dad grabbed a fish straight out of the water, threw it onto the floor of the boat and punched it repeatedly.

        "Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad!" my brothers started cheering on my dad.

        "Get 'em! Get 'em!" a guy, I think his name was Tyler, started shouting to my dad. For some reason, Tyler did that all the time all over Gravity Falls.

        I looked over to my left and saw that the Pines family showed up, I guess Mr. Pines dragged Dipper and Mabel out here just like my dad did. "That's some quality family bonding!" Mr. Pines said to the twins.

        "Grunkle Stan, why do you wanna bond with us all of a sudden?" Dipper asked.

        "Come on, this is gonna be great! I've never had fishing buddies before. The guys from the lodge won't go with me. They don't "like" or "trust" me," Mr. Pines admitted. Wow, I almost feel sorry for him.

        "I think he actually wants to fish with us," Mabel said to Dipper.

        "Hey, I know what'll cheer you sad sacks up! Pow!" Mr. Pines slapped hats on Dipper and Mabel's heads. "Pines family fishing hats! That's hand stitching, you know. It's just gonna be you, me and those goofy hats on a boat for ten hours!" Whoa, ten hours? I don't think Dad would keep us that long.

        "Ten hours?!" Dipper exclaimed.

        "I brought the joke book," Mr. Pines held up a book that said 1001 Yuk 'Em Ups. Oh God no! My Uncle Larry (a/n still making names up) uses that book all the time and it nearly kills me!

        "No, NO!" Dipper pleaded.

        "There has to be a way out of this!" Mabel exclaimed.

        "I SEEN IT! I SEEN IT AGAIN!!!" the oldest man in Gravity Falls, Old Man McGucket, shouted to everybody. He started crashing into random things and ended up in front of Dipper and Mabel. "The Gravity Falls Gobblewonker! Come quick before it scrapdoodles away!" He then started doing a really weird dance. I walked up behind Dipper and tapped on his shoulder to let him know that I was here. He nodded at me as we continued to watch Old Man McGucket.

        "Awww, he's doing a happy jig," Mabel said.

        "Nooo! It's a jig of grave danger!" OMM (Old Man McGucket) exclaimed. I pulled Dipper and Mabel back a little bit because he was kind of scaring them.

        "Hey, hey!" Ranger McGucket came out of the boat rental shack with a spray bottle. "Now what did I tell you about scaring my customers? This is your last warning, Dad!" he said spraying OMM with water.

        "But I got proof this time, by guppity!" OMM exclaimed. Dipper, Mabel and I exchanged glances and followed the old man to his boat, which was chopped to pieces. "BEHOLD! It's the Gobble-dy-wonker that done did it! It had a long neck like a gee-raffe! And wrinkly skin like... like this gentleman right here!" OMM said indicating Mr. Pines.

        Mr. Pines, who was picking his ear which is totally gross, said, "Huh?"

        "It chawed my boat up to smitheroons, and shim-shammed over to Scuttlebutt Island!" he said pointing to a dark island across the lake. "YOU GOTTA BELIEEEIVE MEEE!"

        "Attention all units! We got ourselves a crazy old man!" Sheriff Blubs mocked from his police boat. Everyone started laughing except me, Dipper, Mabel and Ranger McGuckett, who was shaking his head in disappointment.

        "Aww, donkey spittle! Banjo polish," OMM started mumbling as he walked off somewhere.

        "Well, that happened," Mr. Pines said. "Now let's untie this boat and get out on that lake!" He stepped into his dinky old rowboat and started untying it from the dock.

        "Mabel, did you hear what that old dude said?" Dipper asked Mabel excitedly. I'm starting to think that he forgot that I was here.

        "Aww, donkey spittle!" Mabel said, mimicking OMM. I laughed at her, surprisingly good, impression of him.

        "The other thing! About the monster! If we can snag a photo of it, we can split the prize fifty-fifty!" Wait, prize? What is he talking about?

        Mabel gasped. "That's two fifties!"

        "Imagine what you could do with five hundred dollars!" Wait, what the heck is he talking about it? Five hundred dollars?

        While Mabel got spaced out I decided to talk to Dipper about this 'prize money'. "Uh, Dip? What are you talking about?"

        "Oh, Mabel and I had found a photo contest in a magazine this morning and the prize money is one thousand dollars!" Dipper explained excitedly.

        "Ah ok. Well, I can help you with this but I don't want any money so you and Mabel can split it."

        "You sure?"

        "Yeah, I'll be there for help and for moral support."

        "Ok then. Uh..." He trailed off looking at Mabel, who was still spaced out. He started snapping his fingers in front of her face and said, "Mabel? Mabel!"

        She finally came back to reality and said, "Dipper, I am one million percent on board with this!"

        "Grunkle Stan," Dipper said to Mr. Pines, who was still trying to untie the boat. "Change of plans, Meagan is coming with us and we're taking that boat to Scuttlebutt Island, and we are gonna find that Gobblewonker!"

        "Monster hunt! Monster hunt!" Dipper, Mabel and I started chanting.

        "Monster hunt!" We turned around and saw OMM starting to chant with us. We stopped chanting after we realized that. "Monster... Eh... I'll go."

        "You dudes say somethin' about a monster hunt?" We looked up slightly and saw that Soos had pulled up in his boat.

        "Soos!" Mabel exclaimed happily.

        "Wassup, hambone!" Soos said as he fist bumped Mabel and made exploding sounds. "Dude, you can totally use my boat for your hunt. It's got a steering wheel, chairs, normal boat stuff."

        "Well, I'm going with Soos no matter what cause my dad ditched me to teach my brothers how to be men," I said as I flipped onto Soos' boat. "Now, it's only a matter of you two coming with us."

        "All right, all right, let's think this through. You kids could go waste your time on some epic monster-finding adventure, or you could spend the day learning how to tie knots and skewer worms with your Great Uncle Stan!" Mr. Pines said to the twins. They looked up at me and Soos, who was doing a robot dance, on the boat. I smiled at Soos and quietly giggled at him. They looked at Mr. Pines, who was grinning at them, in his old row boat. He sniffed his left armpit, which I think is disgusting. The twins then looked out to where Scuttlebutt Island was. They grinned at each other and I knew that they were coming with us.

        While Mr. Pines had his back turned, the twins climbed into our boat and Soos went behind the steering wheel. "So, whaddaya say?" Mr. Pines asked and we were off. We started laughing as we sped off towards Scuttlebutt Island. "We made the right choice!" Mabel exclaimed happily and Soos replied, "Yes!" With my super hearing I could hear Mr. Pines saying, "Ingrates! Aw, who needs 'em? I got a whole box of creepy fishing lures to keep me company." I then heard him cringe and close the box which must've meant that he was really creeped out by the fishing lures.

        I looked up at Dipper to see he was at the head of the ship striking a pose and looking off into the distance. I thought it looked kind of cute. Wait, what?! What did I just say?! No, Wendy can't be right. I am not crushing on Dipper. He looked at me and said, "Hoist the anchor!" I mock saluted him, bent over the side of the boat and pulled up the anchor, which was a cinder block connected to the boat with a chain.

        I looked over at Mabel and said, "Raise the flag!" She smiled and pulled out a flag that said 'FUN' on it.

        "We're gonna find that Gobblewonker!" Mabel exclaimed.

        "We're gonna win that photo contest!" Dipper added on.

        "Do any of you dudes have sunscreen?" Soos shouted to us from the steering wheel.

        "We're gonna... Go get sunscreen!" I exclaimed with a look on my face that says: "Yeah... Why not?"

        "Yay!" Soos, Mabel and Dipper cheered. Soos made a sharp U-turn away from the island, and almost throwing me overboard. I would've gone overboard if Mabel and Dipper hadn't grabbed my hands and pulled me towards the middle of the boat. Ugh! Why do I keep feeling electricity every time Dipper touches me?!

        After we got the sunscreen, and Dipper bought a bunch of cameras, we were back on the boat. I was a bit worried about the cameras because if they get a picture of me, they might if not will find out what I am. Anyways, I was standing in a line with Mabel and Soos while Dipper was pacing in front of us. "All right! If we wanna win this contest, we gotta do it right! Think. What's the number one problem with most monster hunts?" Dipper asked us.

        "That if you're a side character, you die within the first five minutes of the movie," Soos said. Then he started freaking out. "Dude, am I a side character? Do you ever think about stuff like that?" Mabel looked at him with comforting eyes.

        "No, no, no. Camera trouble! Say Bigfoot shows up. Soos, be Bigfoot?" Dipper asked Soos. I looked over at Soos and he got into a really weird pose that I guess was Bigfoot. Dipper then started to exaggerate his words when he said, "There he is! Bigfoot! Uh oh, no camera! Oh, wait! Here's one!" Dipper pulled one out of his life vest and held is up to his eyes, "Aw, no film!" He then put it back in his vest. "You see? You see what I'm doing here?"

        We all nodded and Soos said, "Oh, yeah Dude's got a point."

        "That's why I bought TWENTYONE disposable cameras! Two on my ankle, three in my jacket, four for each of you, three extras in this bag, and one under my hat!" Dipper exclaimed. Oh, wow. I just NOW noticed that he got a new hat after he lost his other one to the gnomes. I picked up my bag of cameras and looked inside it. No doubt that Dipper really want's to win this contest. "There's no way we're gonna miss this. Okay, everybody, let's test our cameras out."

        I picked mine up and just took one picture of the bag on each camera. I looked at Soos and Mabel who were testing out their cameras. Soos accidentally took a picture of himself and the flash must've scared him because he shouted, "Ah dude!" and accidentally tossed the camera overboard.

        "You see? This is exactly why you need backup cameras! We still have twenty," Dipper said calmly.

        A seagull then came swooping down at Mabel and she threw one of her cameras at it shouting, "AAH BIRD!"

        "Nineteen!" Dipper said throwing his hands in the air. "Okay, guys. I repeat; don't lose your cameras!"

        "Wait, lose the cameras?" Soos asked.

        "DON'T!" Dipper said, obviously agitated.

        "Dude, I just threw two away," Soos said pointing overboard. I looked over the side of the boat and saw two cameras just floating in the water.

        "Seventeen! All right! We still have seventeen camera-" Dipper started then he accidentally brought his fist down on another camera that was on a box, breaking it. "Sixteen. We have sixteen cameras," Dipper corrected himself, looking very annoyed. I put my hand on his back and looked at him. "Calm down," I mouthed at him. He nodded and took a deep breath.

        "So what's the plan? Throw more cameras overboard or what?" Mabel asked, holding one of the cameras over the boat.

        "No! No. Okay. You'll be lookout, Soos can work the steering wheel, Meg can watch the cameras, and I'll be captain," Dipper said to Mabel.

        "What? Why do you get to be captain? What about Mabel, huh?" Mabel asked then she started chanting her name and pointing at herself.

        "I'm not sure that's a good idea," I said looking at Mabel.

        "What about co-captain?"

        "There's no such thing as co-captain," Dipper said flatly.

        "Uh, whoops," Mabel said as she tossed a camera overboard. I face palmed myself because she new that Dipper would flip out.

        "Okay, fine! You can be co-captain!" Dipper gave in.

        "Can I be associate co-captain?" Soos asked.

        "As co-captain, I authorize that request," Mabel said proudly.

        "Well, as first co-captain, our number one order of business is to lure the monster out with this," Dipper said as he motioned to a barrel of fish food.

        "Permission to taste some?" Soos asked.

        "Granted," Dipper said.

        "Permission co-granted," Mabel said.

        "Permission associate co-granted," Soos said to himself.

        "Dude honestly I don't care what you taste," I said. Soos picked up a piece of fish food and licked it. He then gagged and whipped his tongue. "Ah... Dude, I don't know what I expected that to taste like," Soos admitted.

        Dipper, Mabel and I burst out laughing at Soos' dumb move. "Soos, here," I said as I tossed him a granola bar that I took out of the bag of my cameras.

        "Where'd you get the food?" Dipper asked me.

        "Oh while you were buying all these cameras I bought a few granola bars for us. I thought that we'd get hungry, but I didn't expect Soos to taste fish food and eat a granola bar to get the taste out of his mouth," I laughed.

        "Nice move! Can I have one?" Mabel asked.

        "Sure!" I replied and took three out of the bag. I tossed one to Mabel and held one out for Dipper while I started eating mine. Dipper just looked at the granola bar and... me? Wait, what? "Dude, you gonna take it or not?" I asked him. He shook himself and took the bar. I looked at him confused and he just smiled at me. I relaxed a bit at this but I was still wondering if he was staring at me.

        After eating, I got behind the wheel while Soos was in the back shoveling fish food into the water. Mabel and Dipper were at the front of the boat doing lookout. A few minutes later, when we were getting closer to the island, a thick fog started come around the boat. I could barely see through it. Dipper was still doing look out, but Mabel was doing a ventriloquist act with a pelican.

        "Hey! How's it going?" Mabel asked the pelican. She made the pelican reply with a ridiculous voice, "It's going awesome! Bow bow, buh bow bow!"

        "Mabel, leave that thing alone," Dipper told his sister off.

        "Aw, I don't mind none!" Mabel/Pelican replied. "Hey, look! I'm drinking water!" Mabel said as she took out a glass of water. Mabel started drinking it and singing in the pelican voice, "Twinkle, twinkle little..." she had to stop because she started choking of the water and the pelican flew away.

        "Aren't you supposed to be doing lookout?" Dipper asked her.

        "Look out!" She yelled and I almost slammed the brakes when I saw her through a volley ball at Dipper. "Heh, heh. But seriously, I'm on it."

        "You better be! I can barely see through this fog!" I said from the steering wheel. "When you yelled you almost made me slam on the breaks so be caref-" I never got to finish because the boat jerked forward making me hit the steering wheel. Hard.

        "See? We're here! I'm a lookout genius!" Mabel said. "Hamster ball here we come!"

        "More like lookout idiot," I mumbled to myself. "We freaking crashed into the shore."

        "Hey, Meg. You ok?" I looked up and saw Dipper behind me.

        "Yeah, I just hit the steering wheel when the boat jerked. That's all," I said.

        "Ok, I should've been lookout 'cause Mabel did poorly at it," Dipper laughed. I laughed as well. He took my wrist and lead me off the boat. And yet again, I felt the shock! We got off the boat and started to walk through a forest that was on the island. Dipper and I were in the lead with a lantern while Soos and Mabel were trailing behind.

        After a few minutes of walking we came upon a sign that said "Scuttlebutt Island" and Soos and Mabel just stared at it. "Dude, check it out," Soos said covered part of the sign with his arm. "Butt Island." Wow, Soos, just wow.

        "Soos, you rapscallion!" Mabel exclaimed. I smirked and just shook my head at Soos. Dipper was the only one who didn't laugh or have a reaction to Soos' dumb move. "Hey! Why aren't you laughing?" Mabel asked Dipper. "Are you scared?"

        "Pssh! Yeah, right! I'm not-" Dipper didn't get to finish because Mabel poked him on the nose and blew a raspberry and Dipper flinched.

        "Yeah, you are!" Mabel exclaimed as she keeps poking Dipper and blowing raspberries.

        "Hey!" Dipper said as he dropped the lantern. "Quit..! Stop! Mabel!" I started laughing a bit but stopped when I heard a growling noise. Mabel had stopped teasing Dipper when she heard this as well. Soos and I came closer to the twins and we looked around.

        "Dude..." Soos said.

        "Did you guys hear that?" I asked.

        "What was that? Was it your stomach?" Mabel asked Soos.

        "Nah, my stomach normally sounds like whale noises," Soos answer. Ooookaaay?

        Mabel put her ear next to Soos' stomach and said, "Wow, so majestic!" I rolled my eyes and looked down. Out of nowhere a possum just came up, grabbed our lantern and ran off with it.

        "Our lantern!" I exclaimed.

        "Aww! I can't see anything!" Dipper continued.

        "Dude, I dunno, man. Maybe this, uh... Maybe this isn't worth it," Soos said.

        "I agree with Soos on this," I said.

        "Not worth it? Guys, imagine what would happen if we got that picture!" Dipper said. Then he and Mabel got really distant and they completely spaced out.

        "Uh... dudes?" Soos asked them waving his hands in front of their faces.

        "Soos, just let them be for a few minutes. They're obviously fantasizing right now," I said to him.

        "About what?"

        "Oh they're imagining what would happen if they got the picture. The prize is one thousand dollars and I have no clue what each of them would do with their cut of the cash." After a few more seconds Dipper and Mabel came back to reality.

        "I'm in!" Dipper shouted.

        "Me too!" Mabel shouted as well and they ran off.

        Soos and I just looked at each other and took off after them. "All right, dudes! We're coming!" Soos shouted after them. A few minutes later we had caught up with the twins. I was right behind Dipper, who was leading us, Mabel was right behind me with Soos trailing at the end.

        Then Soos started beat boxing and Mabel started "rapping." "My name is Mabel. It rhymes with table. It also rhymes with... glabel. It also rhymes with... shmabel."

        "Dude, we should be writing these down," Soos said when he was beat boxing.

        "Guys, guys, guys! You hear something?" I asked. Dipper and I had our cameras ready. We heard the growling noise again and a flock of birds overhead was flying away from the sound.

        "This is it! This is it!" Dipper said excitedly. Mabel went up to Dipper and they started punching each others arms lightly and excitedly and walked into the fog. Soos grabbed a giant stick and he and I followed the twins into the fog. "Everyone! Get your cameras ready!" Dipper ordered. I held mine up ready, Mabel clicked hers on and started grinning like an idiot, and Soos got his camera ready and looked like he was going to attack something. "Ready? GO!" Dipper shouted and we all jumped over the log we were hiding behind.

        Soos started yelling like a maniac, holding his camera out in front of him, taking random photos as he ran towards the monster. Or the monster's silhouette is what we saw. Me and the twins followed him but when we got closer to the "monster" we saw that it was actually the remains of a wrecked boat with a bunch of beavers on it. Two beavers hugged and thumped their tails on the boat while a third just slid off the boat and into the water. Behind us, Soos was happily taking pictures but Dipper, Mabel and I were all confused.

        "But... But what was that noise, then? I heard a monster noise!" Dipper asked. We heard the "monster noise" again and we looked over and saw a beaver playing with a rusty old chainsaw.

        "Sweet! Beaver with a chainsaw!" Soos exclaimed and started taking a bunch of pictures.

        "Maybe that old guy was crazy after all," Dipper said sadly.

        "He did use the word "scrapdoodle"," Mabel agreed sadly. Dipper went over and sat down on a rock in the water that was close to shore and just stared at the water. Soos on the other went over to a tree stump with a beaver posing on it and he started taking pictures of it.

        "Ooh, yeah! Work it! Work it! Nice! Nice! Gimme another one of those! Yeah, I like that one," Soos was directing the beaver like it was a model until it jumped off the tree stump.

        "What're we gonna say to Grunkle Stan? We ditched him over nothing," Dipper said glumly as he threw a branch into the lake. I saw ripples around the rock that Dipper was sitting on and he shook a little bit. "Hey... Guys, do you feel that?" Dipper asked. Then the rock beneath him collapsed and he fell into the water.  "Hey, hey, whoa, whoa!" I rushed over to him and started helping him out. I saw something move in the water and Mabel gasped.

        "This is it!" Dipper exclaimed as he took a picture. He turned around to face us and said, "Come on! This is our chance! What's wrong with you guys?" Dipper asked us because we were just staring at the thing behind him and we, we being me, Mabel and Soos, started backing up.

        "Dipper...?" Mabel and I said the same time Soos said, "Dude...?"

        "It's not that hard, all right? All you gotta do is point, and shoot. Like this!" Dipper said. He turned around and aimed the camera at the gobblewonker and he just now must've realized that it was right in front him because he dropped the camera.

        The monster then roared at us and I shouted, "Run!" We all took off and I continued, "Get back to the boat! HURRY!" The monster started following us and a tree fell over which almost hit Dipper and Mabel but Dipper tackled Mabel and they rolled away before they got hit. Soos picked up Mabel and put her on his shoulder. I looked back and saw that Dipper had stopped to take a picture. "Dipper, MOVE!" I shouted. Dipper started running again but he tripped and dropped the camera.

        "The picture!" Dipper gasped and he started running towards the monster to get it.

        "Dude, are you crazy?!" I shouted. I ran back, grabbed Dipper and took off and caught up with Soos and Mabel. I held a tight grip on Dipper's wrist pulling him along so he wouldn't go back for the camera.

        "Dude, if it makes you feel any better, I got tons of pictures of those beavers, dude!" Soos exclaimed.

        "WHY WOULD THAT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER?!" Dipper shouted.

        "Dipper, so help me! We are literally running for our lives and all you can think about is winning that contest! That doesn't matter right now!" I shouted at Dipper. He was a bit taken back by this but he then nodded and we kept running. For goodness sakes! This kid was so determined. I really hope we make it out of this alive.