The Golf War (part 2)

Meagan P.O.V

Mabel had finally agreed to it and stepped in front of the Lilliputtians. She stood up on the castle, Dipper and I on either side of her. Dipper got a tiny horn from the knights and blew it. "Thanks, man," he said and handed it back to a knight.

"People of the eighteen holes! We're going to have a game of mini-golf! And whoever does the best job of helping me win, gets the sticker!" Mabel explained.

"It'll be us, lass. Not these tulip-munchers!" the lead pirate said.

"I will not be insulted by a man with no depth perception wearing earrings!" Franz shot back.

"Just remember, as long as you're helping me, no fighting," Mabel said. The Lilliputtians looked at each other and smiled. I was suspicious of their smiles though. They looked very fake. Oh well. We turned off the lights and Mabel got onto a giant half golf ball in the grass, Dipper and I on either side of her, yet again.

Pacifica entered the park with Sergei. "How much you wanna bet they're no-shows?" she asked.

We flicked on the lights, making us viewable for Pacifica. "Looking for someone?" Mabel asked her.

"Waiting in the dark, not creepy at all," Pacifica said, sarcastically. "Seriously, though, I don't know why you bothered to come. Unless you've got something up your sleeve."

"Oh, I guess you could say we've got a little something, right, right?" Mabel said nudging Dipper and I. A Dutch Lilliputtian popped out of her sleeve. She hurriedly shoved him back in and the three of us started laughing nervously.

Mabel stepped up to face Pacifica. "Eighteen holes. Standard rules. Winner lives in glory, loser wallows in eternal shame. On your mark, get set, mini-golf!" Sergei said. Dipper got out a score sheet and a pencil.

At the cowboy hole, Pacifica putted, and a covered wagon blocked her shot. Mabel putted and the grass moved her ball toward the hole and it went in. I saw a cowboy fire a mini pistol to get the ball to go in. As we walked away, Mabel gave a thumbs up to the cowboys who returned it. I saw them turn and mock the pirates. Yeah this isn't gonna end well. At the pirate hole, Mabel putted and the pirates shot her ball out of a cannon into the hole.

"Out of my way!" Pacifica said and pushed Mabel out of the way. She putted but the ball fired out of a cannon and into her mouth. Dipper tried stifling his laughter while I just completely burst out laughing. Oh karma. Pacifica spat out the ball. "Are you serious?!" she exclaimed. She glared at me and Dipper, but neither of us cared.

At the miner hole, Pacifica missed, but Mabel putted and it went right down into it. "Ha, ha! Miner hole. I wonder what cute, silly things are going on down there," Dipper said, smiling. I shrugged. I was kind of tired so I laid my head on his shoulder. We ended up waiting a really long time. I was falling asleep on Dipper's shoulder. I heard Pacifica cough like she was getting bored. I think we all were. I was almost asleep when I heard the ball go into the hole.

"What?!" Pacifica screeched. "Sergei! Soda! Now!" I heard her and Sergei march away.

Dipper rubbed my arm. "Meg. Meg, wake up," he said softly. I groaned and opened my eyes. "You ok?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit tired," I said. "I mean it is after midnight." I laughed a bit.

The twins leaned down and opened up the miner hole. "Okay, guys? That was bedonkulous!" Mabel said.