The Deep End

Dipper P.O.V

We were all sitting around the Shack trying to beat off the heat. I had to take my shirt off and was fanning myself with my hat, Mabel actually wasn't wearing a sweater, just a tank top and shorts, Soos was just in his underwear, I know weird, and Stan was just in his undershirt and boxers. Meagan and Wendy were nowhere to be found. We had turned on the radio to listen to the weather report.

"Watch out, Gravity Falls, because at 110 degrees, we're looking at the hottest day of the summer!" Toby Determind said through the radio.

"All in favor of doing nothing all day say 'ugh'," I said lifting up my hat.

"Ugh," we all said.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Waddles walk up to Stan. "I'm gonna throw this pig out of the house!" he growled. Waddles oinked and licked Stan's face. "You called my bluff, pig," Stan said.

"On the bright side, pun very much intended, it's opening week at the Gravity Falls Pool," Toby said.

We all perked up at the news. "Gravity Falls Pool?" Mabel asked.

"Today?" I added.

"Pun intended?" Soos finished.

"Quick! To the car!" Stan shouted. He tried to get up off the floor but he couldn't because he was sticking to the floor. "Hey, kids, a little help here?" he asked us. Mabel and I got up, took out spatulas and pried him off the floor. "All right! Off to the pool!" Stan said, but when he turned around, it turned out that we had taken some floor boards off when we pried him off.

He started walking off when Toby Determind made another announcement. "And remember to be on alert for random wildfires!"

"Wait, what?" Stan said when he was outside. I heard him catch on fire and I cringed. "Aaaah!" he screamed.

"He'll be fine," Mabel said. I looked at her like she was crazy. He just caught on fire.

~~~~~~~~~~

We had arrived at the pool and it was already filled with a lot of people. "Ah, the pool! A sparkling oasis of summer enchantment!" Mabel said in awe.

"Yeah, nothing like sitting in a moist tub with strangers. It's like the bus, but wet," Grunkle Stan growled.

Soos, who was standing right next to me, had a strange towel on his arm. It was a sun, wearing sunglasses. "Why would a sun need to wear sunglasses?" I asked. I had never really thought about it before.

"It's best not to think about it," Soos told me.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop the presses!" Mabel said and we all stopped walking. "Who's that?" she asked. I looked to where she was looking, and it was at a guy at the end of the pool with one of those floating rafts.

"Oh, yeah," Soos said and he ate a corn chip out of the chip bag he was holding. "Word is, dude never leaves the pool. People say he's a 'mysterious loner'," Soos said to Mabel and her eyes got wide in a trance of some sort.

She started fanning herself. "Is it getting hot out here or is it just that guy?" she asked.

"It's the hottest day of the year, Mabel," I deadpanned. I felt some crumbs fall onto my hat from Soos' chewing. "Besides, can't you go for one week without having a new crush on some random guy?" I asked her.

"Uh-uh," she replied shaking her head. She gasped. "Look at his little mustache hairs!" she cooed.

"You are clearly enamored. Go to him," Soos told her. Mabel took off running to go get to the guy, but she ended up tripping over several things, running into people and getting her foot caught in chairs. "It's so beautiful!" Soos exclaimed.