Headhunters

Meagan P.O.V

        I was hanging out with Dipper and Mabel once again (hey, they're my only friends) and we were in their living room watching a stupid show called: Duck-tective. I was sitting on the chair while Dipper and Mabel were on the floor. While Mabel was watching the show, she was knitting yet ANOTHER sweater and Dipper was eating out of a popcorn bowl. I wasn't exactly watching the show, though. I was reading the journal because two pages in particular caught my eye. One of them had what I thought were blueprints for a super weapon and the other was information on what I became after the accident. I couldn't believe what I could do if I went full-out.

        "I'm afraid your services won't be required here, sir. My men have examined the evidence, and this is obviously an accident," The police man on the TV said.

        The duck started quacking and the subtitles said: "Accident, constable? Or is it... Murder?!"

        "What?!" the police man exclaimed.

        "Duck-tective will return after these messages," the narrator said.

        Mabel gasped and dropped her sweater. "That duck is a genius!" she said in awe.

        "Eh, it's easier to find clues when you're that close to the ground," Dipper said dismissively.

        "Are you saying you could outwit Duck-tective?" Mabel asked Dipper.

        "Mabel, I have very keen powers of observation. For example, just by smelling your breath, I can tell that you have been eating..." Dipper sniffed her breath, "...an entire tube of toothpaste?!" I looked at Mabel like she was crazy.

        "It was so sparkly..." Mabel muttered.

        "Hey, dudes, you'll never guess what I found!" I looked up and saw Soos standing there.

        "Buried treasure!" Dipper and I yelled.

        "Buried-" Mabel was about to say it but she laughed and playfully pushed Dipper and I. "Hey, I was gonna say that!" Soos lead us towards a door that almost blended in with the wallpaper.

        "So I was cleaning up, when I found this secret door, hidden behind the wallpaper. It's crazy bonkers creepy!" Soos explained to us. He opened the door and the room was full of wax figures.

        "Whoa! It's a secret wax museum!" Dipper said.

        "They're so lifelike," Mabel added.

        "Except for that one," I said pointing to one that looked like Mr. Pines.

        "Hello!" It said and we all screamed in surprise. He then started chuckling and said, "It's just me, your Grunkle Stan!" Then we all screamed louder in fright and we ran away from him. When we had finally calmed down we went back to the room and Mr. Pines. "Behold the Gravity Falls Wax Museum! It was one of our most popular attractions... before I forgot all about it. I got 'em all! Genghis Khan, Sherlock Holmes, some kind of, I don't know, goblin man?" Mr. Pines explained and said that last part when he got to a statue of Larry King.

        Dipper and I both shuddered. "Is anyone else getting the creeps here?" Dipper asked and I nodded.

        "And now for my personal favorite: Wax Abraham Lincoln, right over--" Mr. Pines went over to a mound of wax that I guess used to be Abraham Lincoln. "Oh! Oh no! Come on, who left the blinds open? Wax John Wilkes Booth, I'm looking in your direction!" He bent down and put his finger in the wax sadly and sighed. "How do you fix a wax figure?"

        "Cheer up, Grunkle Stan. Where's that smile?" Mabel said to Mr. Pines.

        "Egh," He replied, which isn't much of a reply.

        "Beep, bop, boop!" Mabel said as she poked Mr. Pines' face and poked him in the eye.

        "Ow," Mr. Pines grumbled.

        "Don't worry, Grunkle Stan. I'll make you a new wax figure from all this old wax!" Mabel offered.

        "You really think you can make one of these puppies?"

        "Grunkle Stan, I'm an arts and crafts master. Why do you think I always have this glue gun stuck to my arm?" Mabel asked as she lifted up her right arm. She then started shaking her arm up and down in attempts to get it off, "Eugh, eugh!"

        "I like your gumption, kid!" Mr. Pines complimented her.

        "I don't know what that word means, but thank you!" Mabel said. Mabel started to mold the wax into a giant cube so we left her to it. Dipper and I went into the kitchen to get a few sodas.

        "So, Dip. Do you really think that Mabel is going to be able to do this?" I asked him as I handed him a can of Pitt Cola.

        "I don't know. She's always making sweaters so I think we should have some faith in her," Dipper replied sitting down.

        "All right then. So... good are your keen powers of observation?" I asked him with a slight mocking tone.

        "I don't know. I've been able to solve a few mysteries and I was able to figure out what Mabel ate, so I'd say pretty good," He replied cockily.

        "I bet you didn't even notice that I had an ear wrap," I said with a smirk.

        "An ear what?"

        "An ear wrap," I said as I pulled my hair behind my ear.

        "Wow, nope never noticed," He said.

        I laughed and said, "Wow. Ladies and gentleman, the master of observation!" We both burst out laughing at this statement.

        "Come on, let's go check up on Mabel," Dipper said after we had stopped laughing.

        We headed back up to the wax museum to check up on Mabel where we almost choked on the sodas we were drinking because Mabel shouted, "Guys!" After we had recovered from choking we looked at her. "What do you think of my wax figure idea?" she asked us as she held up her notebook. It was...er...fascinating...I guess. "She's part fairy princess, and part horse fairy princess!" she explained.

        "Maybe you should carve something from real life," I suggested and Dipper nodded.

        "Like a waffle, with big arms!" she said as she held up another drawing. It literally was a waffle with huge arms and it had a face that looked like a wrestler. Honestly? It was creepy.

        "Y-okay... Or, you know, something else. Like- like someone in your family," Dipper said.

        "Kids, have you seen my pants?" Mr. Pines came in asking and he posed on a briefcase. To be honest I may not be a part of this family but I can't believe that I've seen Mr. Pines in his boxers and undershirt more than I should.

        Mabel's eyes got wide and she turned away and started talking to the ceiling. "Oh, Muse. You work in mysterious ways."

        "Why's your sister talking to the ceiling?" Mr. Pines asked Dipper. We all left Mabel to work and it took her hours. Dipper and I read out of the journal more and we almost finished reading all of it. Well, after like three episodes of Duck-tective. After we read the book, Dipper, Soos and I all went back upstairs to check on Mabel. We were all standing behind her and watching her put the final touches on the wax figure. Honestly, it was an exact replica. Which kind of scared me that we had two of him.

        After Mabel was done she walked backwards to admire her work. "I think...it needs more glitter," she said.

        "Agreed," Soos said and handed her an entire bucket of glitter, that I didn't even know she had. Mabel threw the glitter all over the statue completely covering it.

        I rolled my eyes as Mr. Pines walked in. Ironically wearing his pants but not his shoes. "I found my pants but now I'm missing my-" he looked up at the statue, screamed "Ahhh!" and fell over.

        "What do you think?" Mabel asked crouching over Mr. Pines.

        "I think...the Wax Museum's back in business!" he shouted and I smirked. A few minutes later we, including Wendy, were all taking the wax figures outside and started to set up everything else. Mr. Pines set up the podium and the microphone, Mabel set up a keyboard for who knows what, Dipper and I were setting up the admissions table and Wendy was helping Soos hang up the 'grand opening' sign. After about an hour of working, people started coming.

        Soos was directing all the cars to the parking lot while Wendy, Dipper and I were working admissions. "I can't believe this many people showed up," Dipper commented.

        "I know, right?" I said.

        "Your uncle probably bribed them or something," Wendy added.

        "He bribed me," Dipper said as he held up ten bucks. Wendy and I pulled out our ten bucks and we all chuckled. Yes, Mr. Pines bribed us to do this, deal with it people. After we got through everyone at the admission stand the grand opening started and we just watched from the stand.

        Mr. Pines stepped up to the podium and cleared his throat and the microphone made a noise that made everyone cringe. "You all know me, folks! Town darling, "Mr. Mystery." Please, ladies, control yourselves," Mr. Pines said and I looked at all the women in the crowd and they were just staring with blank expressions. There were even flies swarming them. Ok, gross.

        "As you know, I always bring the people of this fair town novelties and befuddlements, the likes of which the world, has never known. But enough about me. Behold... me!" Mr. Pines finished and pulled a sheet that was covering Mabel's creation. Yep, Mabel made a wax figure of Mr. Pines. Like I said, two of him? Scary! Soos hit a key on the keyboard and it made a fanfare sound, then hit another key to make a "Ye-ah! Ye-ye-ye-ye-ye-ah!" sound. Oh, so THAT's what the keyboard was for. Only two people in the audience clapped and someone coughed. Wow.

        "And now a word from our own Mabelangelo!" Mr. Pines introduced Mabel.

        "It's Mabel," Mabel said as she took the microphone from Mr. Pines. "Thank you for coming! I made this sculpture with my own two hands! It's covered in my blood, sweat, tears, and other fluids!" Mabel finished. Oh man that's just disturbing and apparently the audience thought so too because they all replied, "Ugh! Ewwww!" Mabel chuckled and said, "Yeah. I will now take questions! You there!" Mabel pointed to Old Man McGuckett.

        "Old Man McGuckett, local kook. Are the wax figures alive? And, follow-up question, can I survive the wax man uprising?" OMM asked. Ok I knew this dude was crazy, but really?

        "Um... Yes! Next question!" Mabel said pointing to a news reporter dude with shabby clothes and shoes and a...wait, is he really using a turkey baster as I microphone? That's just pathetic and sad.

        "Toby Determined, Gravity Falls Gossiper. Do you really think this constitutes a wonder of the world?" he asked.

        "Your microphone's a turkey baster, Toby," Mr. Pines grumbled.

        "It certainly is..." Toby said sadly.

        "Next question," Mr. Pines said pointing to another reporter. She looked way more professional than Toby. A real microphone and a camera man.

        "Shandra Jimenez, a real reporter. Your flyers promised free pizza with admission to this event. Is this true?" she asked. Uh oh. I guess we know how Mr. Pines got everyone here.

        "That's what I heard! Come on! What a rip-off! Pizza? I want my pizza!" people in the audience shouted. Wendy, Dipper and I all exchanged nervous glances.

        "That was a typo. Good night, everyone!" Mr. Pines shouted and used a smoke bomb to escape offstage. As he ran past the admissions table he grabbed the admission fee box with him. That's when the chaos started. People were shouting and kicking over chairs and I saw one guy with a pizza shirt sigh sadly and headed off back to his house. Everyone left extremely angry.

        "IN YOUR FACE!!!" Dad shouted and punched one of the poles holding up the 'Grand Opening' sign. And since Dad was EXTREMELY angry, the pole broke.

        Dipper, Wendy and I all had shocked looks on our faces while Mabel came over to the table, looking extremely happy. "I think that went well," she said happily. After we all cleaned up the area and took the wax figures back inside, Wendy and I decided to go home. While we were walking home, I had an idea.

        "Hey Wendy?" I said.

        "Yeah?" she asked turning her attention towards me.

        "I think we should go buy some pizza for Dad because we saw how mad he was when he left," I said.

        "Yeah, but I guess it will be more for us 'cuz Dad I think is planning on going to that crazy insane biker joint he took us too at one point tonight," Wendy replied.

        "Well, if that's the case. Let's get some pizza!" I cheered and Wendy laughed.

        "Fine, when we get home we can watch some movies," Wendy laughed and we headed off for the pizza place.