Land Before Swine (part 2)

Meagan P.O.V

Soos followed the yarn to an abandoned church. "Okay, the red yarn leads to..." Mabel said as we got out of the car.

We walked up to the church and heard a banjo playing. I saw a figure rocking back and forth in a rocking chair. "Doodly doo do do doo do!" The figure turned around to show us—

"Old Man McGucket?" Mabel asked.

"Howdy, friends!" he greeted.

"What are YOU doing out here?" Dipper asked.

"You'll never believe me! Now I was doin' my hourly hootenanny- Deedly doo ding dang!" He started doing a dance.

Mr. Pines crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "Ugh, this guy."

"When this enormous wing-ly critter stole my musical spoon and flew lickety-split into the abandoned mines down yonder!" McGucket finished as he pointed to the giant hole in the ground, also where the red yarn was leading.

"Looks kinda hairy down there," Mr. Pines commented.

"C'mon, Mr. Pines, you can handle it! You punched a pterodactyl in the face, remember?" I said to Mr. Pines, trying to get him to crack.

"Oh yeah! Heh heh, I did do that, didn't I. Heh...heh heh heh..." he trailed off.

"My, what suspicious laughter!" McGucket commented.

"Guys, we're going in," Mabel said.

"Need someone to tag along and tell weird personal stories?" McGucket offered.

"No thanks," Mr. Pines said. We tied a rope to the church and tossed the rest of it down the hole and started climbing down it. And even though we had told McGucket that we didn't want him coming along, he did anyways and was telling us a weird personal story.

"So there I am, fighting a raccoon for the same piece of meat, when our mouths get close and we kiss accidentally," McGucket told us.

Mr. Pines sighed. "You can't take a hint, can you?"

"Nope!"

Suddenly, the rope snapped, sending us all hurdling toward the ground. I groaned as I hit the ground. "Whoa," I heard Dipper say. I looked around and gasped in amazement with everyone else. I got up and stood by Dipper. "These plants look all Jurassic-y." I nodded.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Soos sniffing a plant. "Soos, I'm not so sure that's a good idea," I said.

"It's no worry. This little guy smells like battery acid!" he said. The plant coughed acid into his face and Soos cringed. "Aaaugh! Looks like I lost my sense of smell, ha ha!" I rolled my eyes.

Next to me, Mabel was looking at a picture of her and Waddles. "Oh, Waddles. We're gonna find you," she said and I put my arm around her shoulders. Dipper light his electric lantern and led us down a tunnel. We got to another room, and the light from the lantern showed a T-Rex traped in tree sap! We all screamed. We calmed down enough to look around at all the dinosaurs trapped in tree sap.

"They're trapped inside the tree sap! That's how they survived for 65 million years!" Dipper exclaimed.

I walked around and came upon a sap pile with a pterodactyl-shaped hole. "Whoa. The summer heat must be melting them loose!" I said.