Gideon Rises (part 1)

Meagan P.O.V

I stood in front of a full body mirror, but my reflection wasn't what I normally looked like. I saw myself when I was full out. She smiled evilly at me. "Everything you know and love will fall apart," she said in a sickly sweet voice.

"No, that's not true," I said.

"Aw, that's cute. You still have hope. But don't forget: I'm the real side of you, the one everyone fears, including you. Everything will fall apart because of you. You're a danger to everyone around you and you will be the death of all of your loved ones, especially that nosy little Pine Tree," she snarled.

"Shut up!" I snapped.

"It's all true. Just let me take over and-"

"No!" I punched the glass and it shattered. In the shards, I could see her eyes and her smirk.

I woke with a start in my bed at my house. I could see that it was really early in the morning Wendy, Mark and Dad were all standing beside my bed, looking worried. "Meg, are you ok? You were practically screaming in your sleep," Wendy said.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare," I said, still in a daze.

"Sweetheart, you've never had a nightmare this bad in years. Are you sure you're ok?" Dad asked me. This was one of the few times he was very gentle.

I nodded. "I guess it's just because of what happened at work," I said.

"Alright, well try to get some sleep, sis," Mark said. Dad and Mark left the room and Wendy went back to her bed. I was about to go back to sleep when my phone started vibrating. I looked at it to see... Mrs. Ramírez calling?

I picked it up. "Hola señora Ramírez, ¿qué es?" I said.

"Meg? It's Dipper."

"Dipper? What are you doing using Mrs. Ramírez's phone?" I asked, confused.

"We're staying Soos'. But enough on that, turn on the news," Dipper said.

I kept Dipper on the phone as I reached for the bedside table and picked up the remote. Wendy picked her head up from her bed. "Meg...?"

"Shh," I said and turned on the news.

Shandra Jimenez was at the Mystery Shack doing a report. "In a movement that has all of Gravity Falls buzzing, child psychic Gideon Gleeful," the TV showed a picture of Gideon winking and surrounded by puppies, "has taken surprise ownership of the Mystery Shack, previously belonging to area shyster, Stanford Pines," she said and a picture of Mr. Pines dressed up like the devil and surrounded by fire showed up.

"That picture's taken out of context," I heard Mr. Pines say.

"Now that you have the shack, what exactly are you planning to do with it?" Shandra asked Gideon, who was right next to her.

"I have a big announcement to make today, and I'd like to cordially invite all the good people of Gravity Falls to join me. Free admission to anyone who wears their Gideon pins!" he said and held one up. "It's my face!" he said and winked. I shut off the TV.

"I just can't believe Gideon beat us. Normally I'm able to save the day. This is all my fault," Dipper said sadly.

"Don't worry, Dipper. Looks like Mabel's going to have to be the hero of the family now," Mabel said. "I'll defeat Gideon with my grappling hook!!!"