Society of the Blind Eye (part 1)

Meagan P.O.V

Dipper and I were on his bed looking at our poster board. Dipper had set up all these pictures and notes up on a board like CSI to try and figure out who the author is. I was sitting on the bed while Dipper was standing and chewing on a pen. "Alright author, who are you? Who are you...?" Dipper muttered. He bit down harder on the pen making it break and making ink go all over his face and mouth. "Blech! Not again," he said and tossed the pen into his bin of used pens.

I stood up on the bed in front of Dipper. I took a rag and started wiping Dipper's face. Again. "Dipper if you keep doing that, you're going to get ink poisoning," I said.

"Says the girl who draws fake tattoos on her arm with a pen," Dipper retorted. I glared at him but continued wiping his face off. "What would I do without you?" he asked me.

"Crash and burn," I replied.

Dipper laughed. "Probably."

Mabel then ran into the room and flopped onto the bed. "Hey, bro-bro and sis-in-law!" she said. I blushed at the nickname. "Look what I got!" she said as she held up a filthy green bottle.

"Yay, a filthy green bottle," Dipper said sarcastically.

"It's a bottle message from Mermando, remember? He was part fish and part shirtless guy," Mabel said, sitting up. Yeah, Dipper filled me in on the whole Mermando thing the last time he was mentioned. Mabel gasped. "What if he wants to get back together?" she asked excitedly.

"I wouldn't get your hopes up, Mabel," I warned her.

"Too late! Hopes are way way up!" Mabel exclaimed she dumped the paper out of the bottle. Dipper and I sat down on the bed next to her. We smiled softly as she kicked her legs and squealed before opening the message. "'Dear Mabel...' So far so good!" Mabel said. "'It is with a heavy heart...' So far so good!" she said again. Dipper and I shared uneasy looks. 'With a heavy heart' doesn't do for a good message. "'...that I must inform you, I'm getting married'?!" she read off.

"And there it is," Dipper and I said.

"'In order to prevent an undersea civil war... arranged wedding... Queen of the Manatees?!'" Mabel finished reading. I saw that there was a picture of an unhappy Mermando next to the Queen of the Manatees. "And she's so beautiful! This can't be happening!" Mabel cried.

I put a hand on her shoulder. "Oh, Mabel. You'll get over him eventually," Dipper said, trying to be helpful.

"You don't understand, Dipper," Mabel said. She pulled out her scrapbook. "On my first day here, I made this page for summer romances. Your guys' relationship took the first page so I made that one for Dipper and made a new one for me. Look at my luck," she said and pointed at a picture of Norman. "Turned out to be gnomes," she pointed to a picture of Gideon, "child psycho," she pointed to a picture of Gabe Bensen, "made out with his own hands. And now..." She wrote 'FAILED' at the top of the page and put the picture of Mermando on it. "I wish I could just forget about them forever."

"Hey, if it's any consolation, our summer mission isn't a huge success either," I said.

Dipper nodded and got up off the bed. "Yeah. We're still trying to find the author of this journal, but with this laptop smashed, we've lost any lead in finding him," he said, motioning to the smashed laptop.

Mabel looked at the laptop through her bottle and gasped. "Wait a minute. Dipper, look!" Mabel said, holding the bottle out to him.