A Tale of Two Stans (part 2)

a/n ALRIGHT PEOPLE, I AM BACK AT SCHOOL, SO EXPECT ME TO BE GONE FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME. THE NORMAL AMOUNT OF WAITING WAS MAYBE A MONTH, MONTH AND A HALF, BUT I AM BACK AT SCHOOL SO HOLD YOUR HORSES. I AM ACTUALLY LOSING MY PATIENCE BECAUSE WHEN YOU GUYS TELL ME TO UPDATE, IT FEELS LIKE A CHORE AND IF YOU GUYS CAN'T BE PATIENT, THEN SCREW IT BECAUSE IT'S NOT ON YOU GUYS TO TELL ME TO UPDATE. WE WAITED LONGER FOR THE ACTUAL EPISODES TO AIR. THIS IS MY LAST WARNING BEFORE I REALLY GET MAD. THIS WAS A WARNING, AND I DON'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE A COMPLETE JERK, BUT I WILL IF I GET HACKED OFF. PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M YELLING AT YOU. CAPS LOCK IS JUST EYECATCHING. YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN SUPPORTIVE AND GREAT READERS, AND I'M GLAD YOU GUYS LIKE THIS STORY, BUT PLEASE, PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE THAT ALL OF US NEED TO LEARN WITH THIS KIND OF STUFF. BECAUSE IF YOU GUYS CAN'T BE PATIENT WITH ME ON THIS, OR ANY OTHER AUTHOR REALLY, THINGS WILL ONLY GET WORSE. I KNOW THAT I WILL PROBABLY WAIT TO UPDATE IF YOU GUYS KEEP COMPLAINING. THIS IS THE LAST WARNING I'M GIVING. Also on a happier note, this story is up for the Wattys so vote for it if you want to. NOW, ON WITH IT.

196-something, Glass Shard Beach High School, Glass Shard Beach, New Jersey.

Stanley and Stanford were sitting in their 3rd period senior class; Stanford writing something down in his notebook and Stanley eating toffee peanuts, his feet on the desk.

"Pines twins to the principal's office. Pines twins to the principal's office," the secretary of the school called over the PA system.

"Ah, great, what is it this time?" Stanley asked, looking at his worry-faced brother. The two got up from their seats and walked silently down to the principal's office.

The two were about to enter the office together, but the secretary stopped them. "Not you; him," she said, meaning Stanford. It was odd, as usually, Stanley was called to the office.

The twins glanced at each other in confusion before Stanley sat in the seat next to the door. "Meh," Stanley muttered and motioned Stanford to go on.

Stanford nervously opened the door to the office, to find that both his parents were sitting in front of his principal. Stanford gingerly took the seat in between his parents, not knowing what was going on.

"Now, Mr. Pines, I'd like to speak with you very frankly if I may," the principal started.

"Very frankly is the only way I speak," Mr. Pines said gruffly.

"You have two sons: one of them is incredibly gifted, the other one is standing outside of this room and his name's Stanley." Stanford looked away, embarrassed. He never really thought of him and his brother like that. They had always been just that: brothers. Stan and Stan.

"What are you saying?" Mrs. Pines asked, as both her and Stanford were confused as to the was the principal was getting at.

"I'm saying your son, Stanford, is a GENIUS!"" the principal exclaimed standing up. "All his teachers are going bananas over his science fair experiment!" The principal held out to Stanford a blue, college pamphlet. "Ya ever heard of West Coast Tech? Best college in the country." Stanford took it in wonder and he and his mother stared at it. As the principal kept speaking, Stanford eagerly opened up the pamphlet, his parents looking over his shoulder. "Their graduates turn science fiction into science FACT! The admissions team is visiting tomorrow to check out Stanford's experiment. Your son may be a future millionaire, Mr. Pines."

Stanford looked at his principal with a glimmer in his eye. His science project, his one project could get him into the best school in the country. He didn't even care about the money, he, the six-fingered nerd, who everyone thought was a freak, would finally have his time to shine.