Gideon Rises (part 2)

Meagan P.O.V

The next day, Dipper, Mabel and I were outside the now fenced off Mystery Shack. "Alright, the bus to take us out of Gravity Falls comes at sundown. If we wanna stay in town we've got to get past those guards, make it through the fence, and get Gideon to hand over that deed," Dipper said.

"Leave that to Mabel. Wa-chaw!" Mabel said as she fired her grappling hook. It hit a tree branch then ricocheted at Dipper, hitting him in the face. I cringed.

"Ah!" he cried out.

"Now will you admit the grappling hook is useless?!" I asked her.

"Nope!"

"Ok," Dipper said, getting our attention. "What can we use to defeat Gideon? Let's see..." He opened up the journal, flipping to random pages. "...Barf fairy?"

"Yeah!" Mabel said.

"Nope," I said.

"Butternut Squash with a Human Face and Emotions?" Dipper asked.

"Yeah!" Mabel said.

"Nope," I said.

Dipper flipped to the next page and Mabel stopped him from flipping again. "Whoa, what's this?" she asked, pointing to the page. I looked and it was the page that we thought was a super-weapon.

"We've stared at this page for hours. It seems like a blueprint to build some kind of strange futuristic super-weapon—"

"BORING!" Mabel cut Dipper off. "To defeat those guards we need some kind of army."

Hmm... An army... I then got an idea. "...Wait a minute! An army! Mabel, that's it! The gnomes!" I said.

"Uhh..." She tugged on her sweater collar nervously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were walking through the forest, trying to find the gnome hideout. "I think this is their hiding spot," Dipper said, leading us.

"I wonder what gnomes do out here all alone in the forest," Mabel said.

"Something tells me I don't wanna know," I remarked.

That 'something' was right because what we saw when we pulled apart some bushes was terrifying. "Aaah!" we screamed.

Before us was Jeff the Gnome bathing in a tub of squirrels. "Do do do.." he sang then saw us. "Aah! This...this is normal. This is normal for gnomes. Scrub scrub," he said as he scrubbed his armpit with a squirrel. Dipper, Mabel and I looked at each other disgusted, then back at Jeff. "Well, well, well. Look who came crawlin' back. Take five, Chris," he said and a squirrel jumped out of the tub. "You guys keep doin' what you're doin'. So, changed your mind about marryin' me, did ya Mabel?" he asked, smirking.

Mabel cringed. "Ew, hardly. We need your help. And seriously, ew!" she said.

"You want our help? After you left me at the alter? No dice!" he snapped.

"But what if we were able to get you a new queen? One even more beautiful than Mabel," I said.

"Like you?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Back off, she's mine," Dipper said. "No, her name's Gideon, and she has lovely white hair," he said.

"Whoa. Mature woman, huh?" Jeff asked. "Hey Shmebulock, get my cologne!"