Heading Home

I found out we took the trail that went in a wide half circle so we ended up at the other side of the property. We walked back over to the barn where I dismounted and let Phantom into the isle way. I rubbed him down with a towel I found laying around. Then I let him out with the dapple.

"Isn't she pretty?" A voice said behind me. Gosh, what is up with people sneaking up behind me all the time!

"Yeah." I say. I turn around, and see a pretty girl with brown hair that's kind of frizzy and has long waves in it.

"I call her Bella, because it means beautiful in Italian." She sighs looking at the horse.

"The name fits her." I reply.

"Oh, I'm Samantha by the way, but others call me Sam or Sammy."

"I'm Jessica, also known as Jess."

"Do you come here often?" She asks suddenly.

"No, this used to be my grandparents' old farm. I found the black horse and have been keeping him here for, well, since yesterday. I didn't know about the dapple until today."

"Oh." She says softly. Silence.

"Uh, this may sound a bit odd, but I'm having a sleep over tonight with some of my friends and I was wondering if you would like to come too." I say kind of awkwardly.

"I would have to ask my parents, but yeah, I would love to come." She says smiling. "If I can, what time should I come over?"

"As soon as possible." I say now smiling too. For some reason I really like this girl.

"Ok! I live on the other side of the woods, so I better get going." She says standing up.

"Me too, hopefully I'll see you tonight, if not I'm probably going to be here tomorrow night too." We both smile at each other and we both walk our separate ways.

As I walk by the sun dial, I notice that it is already 3:50. Only 10 minutes until 1D shows up! I start to sprint home.