Meeting of gods (3/3)

For what seem like an eternity Isis's expression remained in a dazed state for quite some time entering a perpetuity of silence.

Diana stared at Isis with a somewhat troubled expression on her beautiful face. This was definitely the first time she had seen her master in such a state in the last several thousands of years ever since she fell into depression.

For a moment Diana began to panic as she truly didn't know what to do when seeing Isis remained in that state for such a long period of time unmoving. However, after taking several deep breaths Isis regained her composure.

For a moment a strange glint flash through Isis's silver-colored eyes as a complicated expression suddenly filled her face. Her memories took her back to the "War of gods" During that war Isis was also one of the core group of goddesses who fought against the traitors who started the uprisings.

That war brought about so many destructions, so many gods and goddesses parish having their souls destroyed never to be reborn again. Isis was also one of the goddesses who held back the infamous "God killer" During that time. His strength was so impeccable that even using her full authority over life was completely useless against him!

He was truly a formidable opponent. Finally, after many difficulties they had managed to seal him away forever but now that temple was once again resurfacing. Isis's complexion became slightly pale, the goddess of magic had already parish during that war, without her it was impossible to create the "Six magic seal formation."

Diana furrowed her brow as she saw Isis's pale face and couldn't help but ask, "M-Master is there something wrong?" Diana was a powerful goddess. However, when compared with the ones who fought during the great war of gods, she was really young compared to them. Everything she knew about the war were either information's she learnt from reading historical books or hear from the mouths of other gods or goddesses.

So, she really did not know how terrifying the "God killer" Really was, seeing something and experiencing it with eyes are completely different after all. After a short moment Isis let out the breath from her lungs as her expression remained indifferent. "... I think I have grasped all the information I need, let's go." Isis said as she turned and was about to leave the room.

"Eh, we are leaving already, but the meeting hasn't ended yet." Diana said in surprised. Isis's figure came to a halt as she was about to open the door. "The other information don't interest me. In the first place we only came here to learn what they are planning to do to my brother. However, they don't appear to be planning anything execrable at the moment."

"B-But even so, what exactly are you planning to do my lady?" Diana questioned with a troubled expression. She really didn't want to anger Isis as she already know her personality very well, once angered only the higher ups can deal with her. However, Diana didn't want to do anything that could potentially put her position at risk.

However, Isis responded to her without so much as a glanced back, "With the goddess of light, and the sun goddess after him, even my brother would find it difficult hiding from them both. So, I shall assist him however I can..."

After saying that Isis casually glanced over her shoulder, peering at Diana's face closely before adding.

"Diana, I respect your loyalty and dedication. However, I will currently be doing something that would probably endanger my own position, so I can understand if you feel uneasy. If you want you can stay here, I really don't mind."

The door then shut with a soft sound, Diana's expression remained complicated as she stared at the closed door with a troubled face.

What was she supposed to do?