You should've stayed dead!

A peaceful night breeze blew through the city of Palumi. One of the major cities that govern the kingdom of Barat. Though the beauty of the city was far from being near the city of Azuri the largest and the most beautiful, as well as the most influential city.

Palumi was a close second. The streets had slightly few people moving around as no one wanted to be out at night where the chances of being mugged were especially high in a city that had no guards moving about.

Within the noble estate of the duke household...

Inside an office a man with short black hair could be seen going through some papers with a somber expression on his face. The man read the paper for almost ten minutes and then sighed. "So, the Mathew's orphanage had been attacked. Huh, to think someone would be so foolish as to attack a duke's household." He muttered to himself.

The king gave a lot of importance to each Duke that ruled over each city of the kingdom of Barat so, attacking a Duke was no different from declaring war on the king himself.

The black hair man also felt some anger in his heart, Michael is his younger brother and Suzette was his sister.

Learning that their mansion was attack was not pleasant and also... learning about the death of Suzette only in fuel that anger even further. The black-haired man clenched his fist as the paper was crush within his palm. "Curse those bastards!" He uttered coldly.

"How am I going to explain this to Ellen." The man wondered. For an instant his expression became a little gloomy when he thought of his daughter's reaction when she finds out about this.

The black-haired man turned his head to look out the window of his office. He quietly observed the night sky that had many stars glittering amidst the darkness.

"Now that they made such a bold move, I wonder how the others are going to respond." He muttered.

...

Within another room of the duke mansion...

Sitting around a wooden table was a beautiful girl with long waist length silver hair. Her amethysts eyes sparkled like precious jewels.

After writing for several minutes Ellen put down her pencil and let out a deep breath as she slumps back onto the backrest of her chair. Her soft silver hair fell over her shoulder as she looked up towards the ceiling of her room. "I wonder how Kenta's doing?" She wondered to herself.

For some reason she just couldn't get that blonde hair and blue-eyed boy from out of her head even after all this time.

"Hmm... Does he still remember his promise." She wondered hopefully. She had just written a letter she wanted to deliver to her aunt's Orphanage.

As soon as she stood up there was a soft knock on her door.

The door opened up with a soft creaking sound as a woman with long black hair wearing a maid uniform came inside the room and bowed. "My lady... Sir Carter is asking for your presence." She said in a respectful tone. "Eh, my father wants to see me." Ellen said, greatly surprised.

It was already late in the middle of the night, and he wanted to see her, "Hm, has something happened?" She wondered.

Ellen flipped her long silver hair back over her shoulder and promptly left her room with the maid silently following behind her.

...

Sometime after Ellen went to see Carter, on the empty streets...

A man dressed in a coat that completely concealed his face, he stood silently while observing his surroundings carefully. Once he saw that no one was around he took a small device and placed it at his ear. "Are you sure, was it really the soul eater sword?" A soft feminine voice sounded from the device. The voice sounded a bit agitated.

How could she not, the unknown woman still remembered the fear, terror and hopelessness she felt when she was before the "God of death" He was a genuine monster! Someone who commanded the dead and could manipulate souls to his liking. It took everything they had to destroy his soul. Many gods' parish in that battle.

"I'm certain of it, there is no way I could ever forget that sword." The hooded man said seriously. When he saw the sword that suddenly appeared before the young boy he was extremely taken aback.

The moment Hendrix died the sword was thought to have disappeared along with him.

"I was wondering, could that boy be Hendrix's reincarnation?" The hooded man asked, somewhat fearfully. "... Impossible! How could that man reincarnate without a soul! We both know that in order to be reborn the soul is absolutely necessary for its success. Something else is going on here." The voice said in a serious tone. 'Hendrix being reborn, Ridiculous!'

The unknown woman didn't even want to consider such a possibility, wouldn't that man hunt them down with the intention of getting revenge if that was the case? The thought of that monster coming after her head gave her chills. She didn't even want to joke about that.

The hooded man didn't say anything. Honestly, he also didn't want to think of such possibilities.

"In any case, that boy will definitely become a thorn if he keeps growing, with the soul eater sword he should be able to use death magic to a certain extent... It's best to get rid of him before that happens, I can't allow him to grow and become a second Hendrix." The hooded man said. "Indeed, we can't allow such a threat to continue existing. Make sure you eliminate him without fail." The voice said.

'Why haven't those fellows made any moves yet? If that sword has really returned shouldn't those gods and goddesses know about it?' She thought, something wasn't right.

Hendrix's soul was completely destroyed, this she was certain of but, could it be he was able to survive somehow? The doubt in her heart only grew the more she thought about it.

Hendrix was the ruler of the dead perhaps he found a way to survive but, if so, why did it take so long for him to make a move. She pondered many possibilities but only heaved a sigh as she gave up thinking.

"For now, I want you to focus on finding the forgotten ruins. As for that boy... if you're paths were to cross kill him without fail." She commanded in a serious tone. "Understood." The hooded man said.

The two ended their communication after that. "Somehow I have a strange feeling the situations are about to change." He uttered listlessly. However, contrary to his words a creepy smile peaked out from under his hood.

The hooded man took out another device from within his coat and chanted. "Teleport." Soon after a small magic circle appeared around his body as his figure disappeared one beat later.

...

Meanwhile, in another location....

Standing on top of a balcony that towered above the trees that spread out as far as the eyes could see. A woman with long red hair gazed up at the night sky, the silver moon shone its blissful radiance down onto the ground giving light to the dark surroundings.

"Sigh, I guess I should contact that little brat. It's about time he fulfilled his promise." She muttered as she brought a glass of wine to her red lips.

If Hendrix really is back, then she needed to be prepared for his arrival. "If you really are alive then... you should have stayed dead!" She said coldly, 'No matter what I will never forgive you for what you did to me!' A dangerous gleam shone in her eyes.

....

Back in Kenta's location...

Kenta stayed inside the Inn in meditation not knowing what kind of dangers awaited him in his future.

His eyes closed in a lotus position.

The divinity of death and the divinity of lightning, as well as the divinity of fire all combined together, gathering into the deepest parts of his soul.

Kenta could feel a certain connection between himself and the soul eater sword. The feeling was pleasant and gave him a kind of warmth that made him instinctively refused to let go.

The soul eater sword appeared before Kenta hovering silently in mid-air, from the blade of the sword a tiny flame came out, the flame was multicolored and drop before Kenta who still had his eyes closed. However, his eyes opened abruptly as he heard a voice inside his head. 'We finally meet, master!' The flames said.