Raid

Endless stars filled the vast night sky, a cool night air blows through the tranquil fields, amidst the calmness, five men stealthily made their way towards the extravagant looking mansion.

"Is this the place?" A man wearing rough clothing said to the other person on his right.

"This should be it." The man replied calmly. He narrowed his eyes at the mansion before him.

'Hmm… I believe this mansion is owned by a very important figure in this country,'

"Was it the Mathew family." He muttered out loud.

"Should be… I heard he held an important position within the royal palace." The man answered.

"Well in that case, shouldn't there be other valuable items inside that mansion."

The man said as there was a slight glint of greed present in his eyes. It was now 10 pm, the time where everyone is expected to go to bed. However, Kenta was still awake. Whenever he would fall asleep, he would be greeted by nightmares. So, he couldn't sleep.

"Sigh, what am I supposed to do." He wondered. He then stood up and look outside the glass window.

"Hn, that's?" Kenta widen his eyes curiously. He saw five shadows leaping over the mansion garden. They all move so fast that all he could see were a flash.

'Was that just my imagination? No, it couldn't be.' He then slowly sat on his bed as a bad premonition filled his head. At the same time.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!" the voice of a girl entered his eardrum. He then slowly opened his door with a creaking sound, he honestly wanted to curse the door for making so much noise.

He then Fearfully looked outside the hallway. However, there was No one there. "Phew." A short sigh then spills from his mouth.

Kenta then slowly and stealthily made his way down the staircase connecting to the lower layer of the mansion.

Kenta hid behind a wall when he felt presence of someone nearby. He then slowly moved his head to see behind the walls.

What he saw honestly made him want to throw up, there were many dead bodies lying on the ground. The scent of blood then entered his nose making him feel a little lightheaded.

'Why did this happen.' He wondered. However aside from the scent of blood making his stomachache. His emotions were still calm.

"This is nothing compared with the sight of my parents." He muttered.

"Do we have everything?" Kenta froze when he heard a rough voice sounded behind him.

"Yeah, I think so. We have the lunar stone. As well as a few other things as well." A bulkier man replied.

Kenta kept his silence as he listened to their conversation intensely. 'So that's it, a robbery huh.' He thought. He honestly wasn't that surprised. A mansion as extravagant as this. Indeed, it as the ideal place to rob. But still, he couldn't forgive them.

He had spent a lot of time in this mansion. Seeing it being trash like this made him extremely angry. However, Kenta bite down on his lips as though to stifle down the hatred he felt right now.

As his chances of winning a direct fight seems impossible when looking at their built. He was still inexperienced in combat; training for three years couldn't be compared with those who had spent their entire life training.

Just when he was about to leave quietly a small girl came into the living room.

Kenta froze when he saw the girl it was Charlotte. Her green eyes showed signs of confusion. It seems she didn't know the mansion was invaded. The men showed a devilish smile when he saw the girl.

"Good little miss, can you show us to where you people keep all your artifacts and juries." The man said gazing at the pink colored hair girl.

"Wha-who are you people." Charlotte asks while slowly taking short steps backwards. However, her body flinch when she felt a sharp metal object slightly touch her skin.

"Don't try to run now, the more you cooperate with us the easier it will be." He said bringing the sword to her neck as if intimidating her.

"Ye-yes."  Charlotte replied with teary eyes.

"Now that's a good girl." The bulky man then followed her lead as she guided him towards a room filled with items that seems to be of good quality.

"It seems the boss will be happy with the catch." The man standing outside the room said with a slight smile on his face. Rubbing both his hands together.

"I-l lead you towards the room filled with everything you wanted, now co-could you please let me go." She asks timidly.

"Hmm… well you're definitely the most cooperative captive I'd work with so far. I guess I should make good on my part too, right." Man holding the sword said.

His hand which was holding her from behind slowly let go. However, he brought the sword in his right hand downward. Choosing that exact moment.

Kenta who was following them from behind leap out with great speed. Within seconds he shortens the distance and shoved Charlotte's body out of the trajectory of his sword. The man widens his eyes when his swords cut through empty air.

"Hmph… you're a fast one, aren't you brat." The man said glaring at Kenta who had just appeared.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kenta asks gazing at the man with a icy cold eyes.

"Heh, I like that look in your eyes. You were able to save her once but, can you do it twice?" He then swings his long sword once more.

"Tch… what a pain." Kenta muttered.
Before picking up Charlotte's body and once again moving out of the trajectory of his long sword. He forcefully pushes his body to the right hurting his legs from the impact of the force.

"Charlotte, run away now!!" He shouted while keeping his vigilant towards the man before him.

"Bu-But Kenta."

"Just go, you're in the way." He said curtly.

"I-I understand." She nodded her head weakly before running into the other room.

"Ah, so you want to go one on one, huh." The bulky man said amused by Kenta's bravery.

"I won't let you go after her." He said picking up a broken stick from one of the broken doors. Seeing that the man smirk.

"What is your wood going to do against my steel." He said. Showing off his long sword. Kenta look at the sword and cold sweat ran down his back.

"I don't need to win; I'll buy time for them to leave." Kenta muttered and took a stance with his brown wooden stick.