Stay With Me

It was late into the night, when the moon was still high in the night sky. Everyone on the island was fast asleep, except for one little girl.

Airis snuck around the apartment, going into everyone's rooms and performing a spell on them. She started with Aaron and Aphmau, placing her hands on their backs and quietly chanting a spell. Once the spell was cast, there was a faint mark on their backs, her family crest to be exact.

She sighed in relief, knowing that her family would safe for the time being.

~~~~~~

The tv played hype music as it showed a commercial for the Starlight residents. Several beautiful women lined up the path to a grand building that shone brightly in the resort sun, each woman smiling as the main announcer stood in the center.

His face was brimming with joy and he wore a clean suitand suit as he announced a grand statement.

"Starlight guests big and small! Come one, come all to our Grand Ball!" He said cheerfully, "Tonight is a very special night. Forget all your troubles and have a night on us. We want you to have the best time here while you're with us. Starlight's very first casino on the boardwalk will be having its grand opening. That's right, folks, a very special event indeed. On top of that, the event is free. So come on down to the Starlight Casino where all your dreams will come true!"

The tv turned off and Airis looked between Kawaii~Chan and Zane, both who had different expressions on their faces. Kawaii~Chan was fascinated by the idea of going to a fancy party to unwind from their previous troubles. However, Zane didn't look too thrilled about going out in public while the danger was still far too high.

Airis on the other hand had both thoughts in mind. She wanted to forget about the troubles and dangers they were knee deep in, even if it was just for one night. But, she didn't want her family to get in trouble, or worse be captured by the Guardian Forces and the Demon controlling them. And besides, it was a casino, there's no way a little girl like her would be able to attend the party in the first place.

"Let me guess." Zane said seeing his girlfriend's excited expression, "You wanna-"

"Go? Yes!" Kawaii~Chan quickly answered.

"I knew that you would be all over this as soon as I heard that guy talk about a ball." Zane sighed.

"Wouldn't that be romantic? And just what everyone needs, too. We could have such a wonderful time and everyone could just forget about everything going on and-"

"You're forgetting."

"Huh? But I think you're a fine dancer. I mean, you know other dances other than that shoulder-head thing, right?"

"Nana--" Zane stopped short, realizing that he called Kawaii~Chan by her real name in front of Airis. The two looked down at the little girl and all Airis did was smile.

"It's okay, I'll keep the secret." She said, "I mean, I've known Auntie Kawaii~Chan's real name for a while now."

"You what?!" Zane and Kawaii~Chan shouted.

Airis nodded, "Yep, for about two years now. But don't worry, I won't say anything. But Auntie, Uncle Zane is right about this. It's a little dangerous don't you think?"

Zane breathed a sigh of relief and went back to the topic at hand, "Back to it, Airis is right about this. You can't just go around fantasizing about everything that crosses your mind."

"Why not?"

"Look at our situation." Zane gestured to the room, "We've been sitting here at the top floor of this building for weeks trying to hide away from armed Guardian Forces. Every time someone leaves, we worry if they'll come back unharmed or even at all. We'll be caught if we slip up for even a second. And then what? We'll all be hauled off. And what's worse, Airis will be captured and tortured in who knows what manner. We'll lose her for good if we let our guard down."