Silently Missing You

It had been about a week and a half since Aaron left to go back home to his family, and since then, Apmau and Airis haven't heard a word from him. Both of them didn't know when or if he was coming back, but they both understood that he needed space for a while so neither tried to contact him until he wanted to talk.

But the feeling of not having Aaron with them was painful, especially for Airis.

Aphmau sat on her couch in her pajamas surrounded by tissues and ice cream containers while watching a Madea movie on tv. Airis was in her room while Zane was downstairs with Aphmau happy to help get through being away from Aaron for so long.

"YEAH, YOU TELL HER MADEA!!! SHE DON'T NEED NO MAN!" Aphmau shouted at the tv.

"Here's more ice cream, Aph." Zane said, giving her another container of ice cream.

"Thanks, man..." She sniffled and took the ice cream.

"Can I get you anything else?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Alright, you just let me know if you need anything." Zane offered, "I'll be in the kitchen working on some paperwork for the Maid Cafe."

"Zane... Shouldn't I be helping?" Aphmau asked.

"Aph, you need time right now. To... recover from everything that happened between you and Aaron."

Aphmau laughed, "Zane... Aaron and I didn't break up! We're just... taking some time apart..."

"It's almost been a week and a half..." Zane said.

"So...?"

"Have you guys even TALKED to each other since that day? And what about Airis, shouldn't she get to talk to Aaron too?"

"Yes! Um... we... texted once... He wanted to know how our fur babies and Airis were doing!"

"That's it?" 

"Yeah."

Zane sighed, "Aph... You're in denial. Don't worry, Zuzu is here to make sure you're taken care of! Don't worry about a thing."

"Are... you sure....?"

"Yes, now... finish watching your movie. I'll go up and see if Airis wants to watch it, too. She needs to get out of that room for a little while."

Zane then left Aphmau and went upstairs to go get Airis. He quickly opened the door with a big smile on his face hidden underneath his mask.

"Airis! Aphmau's watching a movie downstairs. Do you wanna come down and watch it with her? She's got all kinds of goodies with---"

All of a sudden, Zane was silenced when he finally looked at Airis. She was still in her pajamas, her shoulders shaking as her soft sobbing filled the small room. Even her hair was a mess and she was cuddling with Aphmau's old wolf plush, squeezing it like it was her lifeline.

It was a sad sight to see, and if Aphmau was depressed about Aaron leaving, Airis was on a whole other level. Zane slowly walked over to Airis' side and sat on the bed.

"Hey, don't cry, Airis. It's gonna be okay. Aaron will come back and it's gonna be all right." Zane said in his most sincere voice while inwardly cursing Aaron for leaving Aphmau and Airis behind like that.

Airis didn't say anything, instead, she reached over to the other side of the bed and held up a notebook, the same notebook she once used to communicate with before Love~Love Paradise.

"He won't come back." She wrote, "What if he doesn't come back ever?"

Zane was shocked by this and as he read what Airis thought, he got even more angry with Aaron. He gently placed his hand on her shoulder.