Aphmau's Ex-Crush

Airis was sleeping, but her sleep wasn't as peaceful as many would think. Though her body was peaceful while she slept, her mind was running around like a crazed maniac.

She sat in the stranger's lap shaking like crazy in her fear.

"You're kidding, right? Uncle Travis has the book? That can't be possible, right? There's no way that he could steal such a thing. He's so nice." Airis cried.

The stranger sighed as she held Airis tighter and closer to her body.

"I understand, Airis, this is a lot to take in, but I saw it. After I separated from Lucinda, I went to Travis' home and saw that the book was on his bed."

"But that's not possible. I didn't sense anything from Uncle Travis." Airis said but then began to think, "What could you feel from Mr. Terry?"

"I'm not quite sure, but he was acting suspicious. I suggest you stay away from him for the time being unless it cannot be avoided. I don't trust that man and until I can figure out what he's hiding I don't trust him around you."

"I understand, but what if they ask questions about me being distant with Mr. Terry?"

"We'll come up with something. But for now, be cautious. The time is coming very soon, and I need you to be prepared. Hide your power however you can and don't use it excessively."

Airis nodded and lay in the stranger's lap, allowing herself to leave the fear behind and rest through the rest of the night.

~~~~~

The next day started normally for the family, however, Aphmau, Aaron and Airis were looking for something all around their room. They tore apart the bed, looked through every drawer and even checked the bathroom but with no such luck.

"Find it yet?" Aaron asked a groaning Aphmau.

"Nah, nothing." She answered.

"Did you check under the bed, Mama?" Airis asked.

"Ah, good idea." Aphmau leaned over on the bed to check underneath it, leaving her body in a very.... awkward position.

When Aaron looked up to check other places, all he could see was Aphmau's butt high up in the air. His face turned bright red and his cheeks were on fire. Airis could only chuckle at his reaction, considering that this wasn't the first time he blushed at her mother like that.

Just then, Aphmau's tail popped out, making Aaron's face turn an even brighter shade of red.

"Uh... Babe. Your tail is..." He warned.

"Did it... pop out?" Aphmau asked.

"It did, Mama."

They were about to help Aphmau with her tail issue, when Kawaii~Chan came rushing into the room without warning.

"Aphmau! Aaron!" She shouted and rushed into the room.

"Crap!" Aaron exclaimed and in his haste to hide Aphmau's tail, pushed her off the bed and onto the floor.

"Oh, I didn't mean to scare you guys." Kawaii~Chan apologized.

Aaron turned to Aphmau, "Quick, hide your tail!" He whispered/yelled.

"I'm trying."

"Aphmau? You okay?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

"Yep!" Aphmau stood up quickly, "Is it gone?"

"I'll check. But first, get closer." Airis whispered and pulled Aphmau closer to her and Aaron, all the while checking to see if her tail was still there.