Will You Be Here For Me

Airis watched from the couch as Aaron patched himself up using whatever bandages and medication they had around the house. He wiped the blood off of his body with a wet cloth, dipping it into a bucket of water that was slowly dyed to a blood crimson red.

It hurt her so much that she couldn't do more for her father, but with her magic being depleted after what she did for him at the cliff bottom, healing him would be far too much of a strain on her body. She decided to take the voice's advice this time and only use her magic when necessary.

"Little One, are you all right?" Yukisa asked from Airis' side. Airis shook her head.

"Not really, Yukisa." She said using her thoughts, "My mother,Aunt and Uncle are being controlled by that monster, and my father is gritting his teeth in pain. I don't even have enough strength to heal him. I feel so helpless not being able to do anything to help them."

"But you are doing something. You are being there for them when this fight begins. You are an Ultima, Little One, not to mention the power you inherited from your mother and with the staff you regained from Ein's grasp, there is no possible reason against your victory against Ein."

"I guess you're right, but still... I can't help but have a bad feeling about this. And from what Tatiana said about a book that he couldn't read... You don't think that he was trying to read Mama's book, do you?"

"Without a doubt, Little One. From what I could feel while kept away from you, I could sense hints of magical energy from around that man, Ein. And he would often try to read a book that resembled your mother's. I believe that he not only stole your mother's staff, but her book as well."

"Then all the more to go with Papa to save Mama and the others. I can't let something so precious and powerful to stay in his hands."

"Then I shall stay with you no matter what happens, Little One."

Airis smiled and gently stroked Yukisa's white fur.

"Airis, come here." Aaron called to his daughter. Airis quickly jumped off of the couch and rushed to her father's side, wincing at the fact that she moved too fast and her wounds had ripped a little more.

"Are you all right, Airis? Let me help you wrap your wounds."

Airis shook her head and smiled. She looked up at her father's face, seeing his bright crimson eyes staring straight into hers. It had been some time since Airis had seen Ultima eyes other than her biological father's eyes. They were the same color, but something was different between the two. Then again, Airis' father was very much different when it came to the curse.

"I'm okay, Papa." She said pulling up her shirt to show off her semi-healed wounds, "See? They're healing already."

It was a lie. She was using just a little bit of her magic to mask the real damage, which was far much worse than how it looked now. Airis hated hiding things from her father, but it was for the best as to not increase his stress.

"You sure you're all right, Airis? You had blood coming out of your mouth. I think you should stay here until I get your mom back."

"No way, Papa. I can't just stay here doing nothing." Airis said, "Besides, I want to get revenge against Ein for taking what belonged to my parents, hurting you and Mama, and helping destroy my family."

Aaron didn't know her whole story, but he understood her anger toward Ein.

"Okay, fine. But please, just be careful, alright? And if I tell you to get out of there, you run and don't look back. Promise? 

"Promise." Airis said.

Aaron then reached into his bag and pulled out a bandana, the same bandana that he wore when Airis first met him. He wrapped it around his eyes tightly as Airis walked over to Yukisa.