Falling in Love

The air had turned crisp, the leaves turned to their beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow, and the laughter of those enjoying this festive season rang throughout the air.

It was finally Fall once again, and the annual Fall Festival was underway. Airis was most excited about the festival. She had come into Aphmau's life after the festival, so this would be her first time going to it. Airis had even wore a brand new fall outfit to wear to the festival. It was a simple black sweater with sugar skull designs on it, a pair of orange tights and black boots with bat designs on them, along with a pumpkin hair clip parting her bangs to the left side of her face.

The two walked into the Fall festival, followed by Emmalyn, an old friend of Aphmau's from years ago. It was the first time in a while that they had been able to hang out, so they were both excited.

"Brings back memories, doesn't it?" Emmalyn asked.

"What? The festival?" Aphmau questioned, "It does. But not as much just hanging out with you, Emmalyn. It's been forever since we got a chance to hang out. I really missed you."

"Mm-hm. Stop it. I'm not that big a deal." Emmalyn said blushing a little.

"Nor am I according to your boyfriend now." Aphmau chuckled.

"Oh, stop that!"

"Aw! You're blushing still. That's so cute! You guys are still so lovey dovey."

"I guess you could say that. Speaking of which, don't you have a boyfrie--"

"Did somebody say witch?" Lucinda said suddenly appearing by the small group.

"Auntie Lucy!" Airis exclaimed, running into Lucinda's arms for a hug, to which the orange haired woman gladly accepted.

"Hi, Airis!" Lucinda said happily, "Emmy, baby! Long time no see."

"Same to you, Lucy." Emmalyn greeted.

"Wow, I haven't been called Lucy by anyone other than Airis in a long time." Lucinda chuckled, "So, Emmy, how are things with your man, Kenmer."

"Things are fine." Emmalyn answered.

"Speaking of which, I saw him come by earlier."

Emmalyn looked both surprised and disappointed, "You did? He... He said he couldn't make because he had to work."

"Uh-oh. Sounds like trouble in paradise." Lucinda said.

"Lucinda. Do you know where he is?"

"He went into the carnival. Come on, I'll help you look for him."

"Wait, Emmalyn. What about me?" Aphmau asked as Lucinda put Airis down.

"Sorry Aphmau! I'll catch up with you later." Emmalyn said and then walked away with Lucinda to find her boyfriend.

"Oh man! Seriously!? Whelp! There's a fall festival in front of us and we don't wanna waste it, do we Airis?"

Airis happily smiled and began pulling Aphmau towards the festival excitedly. As they wandered about the festival, Airis took in everything she could. All the spooky decorations, the pumpkins, the smell of funnel cake and other sweets. It was brand new and exciting, and Airis wanted to enjoy every single thing about it.

Soon, they came to a pink and white stand, and Kawaii~Chan was on the ladder helping set  up the canopy for the sweet stand.

"Hey! Kawaii~Chan!" Aphmau shouted. Kawaii~Chan was startled and jumped down from the ladder, landing perfectly on her feet just like a cat.