The Ultima Brothers

Owen and Crimm stood in their home, looking down at the letter that was sent to them by a stranger. It confused them both, since in the past the requests for their services were always addressed to one brother or the other, but never have they had a request for both of them at the same time. Beyond the request for both of them to work at the same time, the letter itself looked very professional, not from a normal person in a different village. The writing was in fancy calligraphy with pure black ink, addressed to both brothers by their first names since both had different surnames. Not only that, it was sealed with white wax with a crest that neither of them recognized.

"I'm surprised that someone is addressing both of us." Crimm said, "Normally only one of us leaves town for work."

"Yeah, I wonder why they're asking for the two of us." Owen thought aloud then smiled at the thought that something interesting could happen from this request, "Well then little brother, why don't you open it up and read it? Let's see who's asking for our work."

Crimm nodded and carefully opened the letter to read the request.

"Dear Owen and Crimm of Valedin village, I am writing to you with an urgent request. I am the Lord of a village named Sevokia Village and my name is Orion. I have two daughters who are everything to me and I would do anything to keep them happy, which is why when I heard of you two brothers and your amazing work in construction and medicine, I immediately wrote to you with my request. Sir Owen, I have heard many rumors of your incredible craftsmanship with wood and architecture. My request for you is the creation of a beautiful addition to my home for my daughter. She has a very keen eye when it comes to her ideas and no other architect or craftsman can recreate her vision. From the high praises of your work, I hope that you will be able to bring my daughter's vision to life. As for Lord Crimm, my other daughter has suffered most of her life because of a vicious disease. I have summoned all the best doctors, witches and healers I could find, but none have been able to find a cure for my daughter. Each day she grows worse and I fear for her life with every breath she takes. You are the last hope I have for my daughter to live. Dear brothers of Valedin village, I beg of you to heed my request and travel to my village. If you do, I will pay you handsomely. Thank you, signed, Lord Orion of Sevokia."

After Crimm was done reading the letter, the two brother weighed their options. They had heard of Sevokia before in their travels while out for work. It was a rich town set in fertile land with an abundance of wealth. The people were kind and generous, and their main exports were their produce and magical items. To be requested by the Lord of the land himself was a great honor for their little own of Valedin. However, Sevokia was over the far hills, it would take two weeks just to make it there on foot, and depending on how long the jobs would take, they wouldn't be back for some months. On the other hand, they had never turned down a request before, doing whatever they could to help others.

Owen looked over at his younger brother with a curious expression, "Well, what say you brother? Shall we heed his request?"

Crimm looked back at his brother and smiled, "Well, we've never declined a request before. And besides, the journey isn't too tough and we've never been to Sevokia before. Life is full of experiences, and we shouldn't give up on this one."

Owen knew that his brother would say that. Though Crimm was quieter and more introverted than he was, Crimm always tried to new experiences, especially when it came to curing illnesses and ailments he had never seen before.

"All right then." Owen said wrapping his around Crimm's shoulders, "We'll go tell the Town Lord about our departure. We'll leave in two days time."

Crimm nodded and the brothers went to the Town Lord to inform him about their departure in two days. The Lord had known the brothers since they were young, and adored them for their hard work and contributions to the town. Though the Lord was sad to hear about their departure, he knew that the boys couldn't be kept in their little town for too long. They were grown men after all, and it was time for them to finally fly out of the nest for new and greater experiences.