Cosplay and Surprise Performance

Please play the song when I tell you to! Thanks!

~~~~Aphmau~~~~

It was the first day of A-con and I was more than a little excited. It was the first anime convention I was spending with Zane, Aaron and Airis, and it's the first time Airis was participating in something as big as this since the New Years party. 

I was dressed as Asuna from Sword Art Online, and I had dressed Airis up like Yui for that adorable costume pairing, though with her blue hair, it wasn't too realistic.

"Ugh, what's taking her so long?" I heard Zane ask outside the bathroom.

"Heh, she probably got stuck in the toilet." Aaron joked.

"As long as she's taking she's probably drowned."

"I can hear you guys, ya know. I'm almost done! You can blame Garroth for making me do his hair, that took, like, forever. You know what, just give me five more minutes and I'll be done."

I finished the tying the ribbon around Airis' waist and brushed her hair out of her left eye. Because she's still self conscious about her right eye, I found it okay just to keep it covered until she's more comfortable showing it off in the wider public.

"Ready Airis?" I asked her. She nodded with a big smile on her face, taking my hand and walking out the bathroom with me to show off our costumes.

"Done! What do you think?" I asked Zane and Aaron.

"Whoa... You two look beautiful." Aaron said.

"She really does..." Zane said.

"Aww, thanks. You two are gorgeous and beautiful, too." I said and Airis laughed. Her laugh was so sweet and gentle, a perfect match for her sweet and gentle nature.

All of a sudden, we turned our heads towards the wall when we heard a loud thump from the other room. I sighed, knowing exactly what was happening next door.

"What was that?!" Zane questioned.

"Ohhh! Yeah...." I said kind of embarrassed, "That's Katelyn and Lucinda. They've always gotten into these, like... brawls at cons and it's kind of an expected tradition that something crazy happens between them usually. Yeah... it's weird."

"Why?" Airis wrote in her notebook.

"I'm not really sure.... It kind of just happens a lot with them." I answered.

"Those two fight a lot, don't they?" Aaron asked.

I laughed, "Yep. They've been like that since.... Oh, jeez, as long as I can remember. It's usually a friendly rivalry though. Lucinda knows how to push Katelyn's buttons, like, a lot."

"Now I remember." Zane said, "They've been like that for a long time.."

"Yep. They have."

"So, now what do we do now that we're in costume?" Aaron asked.

"Oh!, well... We usually go out and enjoy the convention, obviously! There are a lot of activities and panels to attend. Plus, there's photo shoots, and Kawaii~chan usually hosts those. But before we head out, I should warn to be really careful about agreeing to ANYTHING Kawaii~chan tries to pull you into. Same goes for you, Airis." Airis nodded, not even questioning my request.

"Why?" Zane asked.

"She always tries to get the group to participate in a dancing contest, even though we haven't rehearsed anything and I love doing those with her, but she's terrible at coordinating people... Oh! But there's this DDR contest going down that I would love to participate in if you guys want to!" I beamed, excited for everything in the convention.