An Ultima's Eyes

The sun was bright and the water was cool, the perfect day for those who wanted to enjoy the beach could enjoy it to their heart's content. This was the case for Airis and her family.

The little blue-haired werewolf smiled as she watched her mother learning how to float in the ocean waters. It was times like these that she was grateful to be there, and proud to have a family like the one she found.

"You are quite happy with your little family, aren't you Child?" The voice asked.

Airis nodded and hugged her knees closer to her chest, "I couldn't be happier. And I'm sure that Mama and Papa are happy with my new parents, too. I wish they could have met while they were still alive."

"I do as well, child. But I also know for a fact that they are watching over you right now. Do you not remember what your father and mother said when you still very little?"

Airis chuckled, remembering her parents' words.

"No matter what form we take, no matter where we might be, we will always be by your side watching as you grow and bloom like the beautiful flower you are."

Those words cheered her up. Airis was happy in her place, living with Aaron and Aphmau, those who knew about her curse and could help her live with it as well.

All of a sudden, Airis' attention was taken away from her thoughts as a tennis ball fell in front of her. 

"Airis!" Aphmau shouted and waved her down, "Come and play a game of catch with us!"

Airis smiled wider, "Coming Mama!" She called out and ran with the ball to bring it back to her mother.

Airis then ran over to her father and waited for the ball to be thrown. 

"All right, here goes!" Aphmau said and threw the ball farther.

Aaron and Airis quickly ran after it, and Airis dived to get the ball first. She fell into the sand, gripping the ball tightly in her hands. Aaron laughed and picked her up in his arms.

"Looks like you win this round, Airis." He chuckled and threw her into the air, making the little girl laugh from the excitement of being thrown. Thankfully, she was caught by Aaron and the two continued to laugh.

However, from the corner of their eyes, they saw something moving in the distance. The turned and spotted a member of the island staff restocking one of the on-beach coolers.

He had dark colored fur with his ears and tail out for the world to see, but when he turned around, Aaron and Airis noticed the faded streak of bluish-gray in his hair.

He looked almost exactly like Ein, and it terrified Airis and shocked Aaron to the core. 

Aaron could hear the words Ein told him a year ago. How much he was scared. All the lies he told Aaron. And even Airis and Aphmau screaming in agony.

Airis could physically feel the cold of the snow. The pain in her chest as she watched her father be hurt. The sorrow and fear of losing her family again. 

Everything came back to them full force, and it triggered their curse.

Airis wiggled out of Aaron's arms and stood next to him, but she looked away and tried to calm herself down.

"It's all right. It's not him. He's gone. Ein is gone." She repeated herself and slowly her curse settled down. The same however could not be said for Aaron.

His eyes burned a bright crimson and shone with hatred and anger. Sensing that something was wrong, Melissa jumped from her towel on the sandy beach and rushed over to the two with Aphmau following close behind.