A New Relationship

To the people who were expecting the Sandcastles episode, I'm sorry, but this is not that episode. I rewatched it and couldn't wrap my head around how to put Airis in it. It was more of an Aphmau centered episode with Ivy and I didn't want to just write the entire episode without my oc not being present enough in it. Besides, I really wanted to introduce Sylvanna to Airis soon. Hope you understand my decision. Thank you!

The morning was bright and the sun called Aaron to wake up on the bed downstairs, but as he tried to sit up so he could brave the new day, he felt something on his chest. He looked down and saw Airis sleeping peacefully, her head on his chest as she curled up comfortably next to him.

Aaron was surprised. It was the first time that Airis had come to sleep with him, but what was more surprising was the smile she had on her face as she slept. He slowly sat up, holding Airis close so that she wouldn't wake up.

"Hey, Aaron? Have you seen--?" A voice asked. Aaron looked up and shushed for Aphmau to stay quiet.

"She's still sleeping." He said. Aphmau quickly quieted down and smiled at the sleeping little girl in his arms.

"There she is. I wondered why she wasn't in bed." Aphmau whispered, "Why did she go down here?"

"I don't know. I just woke up and she was here." Aaron answered, "I guess she came down here in the middle of the night. Honestly, I thought she would sleep with you, Aph."

Aphmau shrugged, "She's been sleeping alone lately, but this is a shock for me, too. She usually sleeps with me if she wakes up in the middle of the night."

"Maybe this is a sign that she's getting more comfortable with you." Aphmau suggested, "Then again, she's been close to you since she first met you. Maybe she sees you as a father figure or something."

Aaron silently gasped, thinking that what Aphmau said might just be true. It's true that he cared about Airis, and with Aphmau being her foster mother and his girlfriend, that would technically make him a father figure to her, if she ever saw him like that. He'd be lying if he said he didn't want Airis to be a daughter to him, but that was her choice to see him like that.

Just then, the soft sounds of tired moans broke through the silence. Aaron and Aphmau looked down at Airis and saw her eyes slowly crack open as she yawned.

"Good morning Airis." Aphmau said, sitting on the edge of the bed and smiling at the little girl. 

Airis looked around sleepily, then noticed that she was being held by someone else. She looked up and saw Aaron smiling down at her kindly. Her cheeks became bright red, but she smiled through her slight embarrassment nonetheless.

"Are you ready for another day at Love~Love Paradise?" Aaron joked. 

Airis nodded and jumped off the bed.

"Why don't you get something for breakfast. I think it's just us today, so we can do whatever we want." Aphmau said. Airis nodded and ran off to the kitchen.

Aaron chuckled at Airis' excitement, "She's adorable." He said, standing up next to Aphmau and taking her hand. The couple smiled, feeling the same towards the little girl.

After the three got dressed in their beachwear, they met back in the living room.

"So, how did everyone sleep last night?" Aaron asked, "I know Airis slept well." Airis laughed.

"Well, I didn't sleep really well last night." Aphmau said, yawning just a little.

"Yeah, you were a bit of a zombie at breakfast. It was hilarious."