Betrayal and Chains

The sun rose high in the sky over the mountains that stood above the small town nearby. As the light shone down on the plains and gardens in the town, the people were already rushing to get their business and lives on the upstart. However, in one large house in the center of the town, a single woman slept peacefully in a large bed, thick blue covers laid carefully over her thin body. 

Her name was Melody Lycancias, the wife of the newly appointed Lord of the town, Crimm Lycancias. The younger brother was appointed to be the newest Lord two years after he was married to Melody, to which he happily took the job. With the new position in the town, Crimm helped the people become even more healthy and successful. The people adored him, and even though he was far away, Crimm was still close with his older brother, writing letters to each other every week.

Slowly as the sun shone through the window by their bed, Melody opened her eyes to see the beautiful sky that lit up with a new day. She smiled and sat up in bed, stretching her arms and legs to prepare for the day, after all it was a very special day for her husband. For today would be the first time they would get to see the newest member of the family. Crimm's brother had a beautiful and healthy baby boy, to which they named Andrew Lycan. When Owen wrote word to his brother about his son's birth, Crimm and Melody were over the moon to meet their nephew.

Unfortunately, Crimm and Melody weren't so lucky when it came to bearing a child. They wanted children after the first two years of their marriage, but were not able to bear a single child. But at least with their nephew, they could feel the love of a family with a child until they could conceive their own.

Melody quickly got out of bed, got cleaned up and dressed, and then rushed down to her husband's office on the first floor of their house. She smiled as she carefully opened the door, only to see Crimm sitting at his desk writing something as he normally does. It's where he spends plenty of his time during the day.

"Crimm." Melody called and he looked up with a soft smile before putting down his quill.

"Melody, I didn't expect you up so early." Crimm said, walking up to his wife and giving her a good morning kiss.

"I know, but I'm just so excited to meet Andrew! This is our first nephew, I just wanted to be ready for their arrival this morning."

Crimm laughed, "I know, I know, my love. But first, we must prepare the rooms for them to stay in. They'll be here for two weeks during the spring festivals. We'll have plenty of time to get to know our nephew and catch up with our siblings."

Melody smiled and nodded excitedly, rushing around the house for the next couple of hours to clean and prepare for their family come over. After the sun had risen high into the sky, the entire house was cleaned so well that it practically sparkled, and a wonderful guest room was prepared for the new family to come.

Just then, as the couple went to the front door to walk around the town as they always do, they heard the people of their town exclaim happily. It was their family coming for their visit.

Crimm and Melody opened the doors and saw a crowd of people standing around a couple, the woman holding a baby wrapped in a soft blue blanket. The people of the town cooed over the baby boy, who was only a couple of months old, and the return of Owen Lycan along with the introduction of his wife, Freya.

"Freya!"

"Owen!"

The townspeople heard their Lord and Lady exclaim their siblings' names, and parted a way for them to get to each other. Owen smiled upon seeing his younger brother and quickly rushed to hug him tightly, the same with the sisters, but with Freya being careful to keep her son safe from their tight hug.